Sea Creatures Coloring Pages Pdf Free Printable

The Sea is a portion of saltwater more minor than the ocean and more significant than a lake. And this time, you can find sea creatures coloring pages here. 

Seas are usually differentiated from oceans because seas are the areas close to the coasts and have a more minor extension and depth than oceans.

Free Sea Creatures Coloring Pages

Seas and oceans occupy 70% of the earth’s surface, and, in many cases, it isn’t easy to delimit the border that separates one from the other. 

While there are only five oceans globally, there are more than 50 seas, including the Caspian Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, the Caribbean Sea, and the Black Sea.

See also  Printable Dog Coloring Pages PDF for Kids

The Sea consists of 96.5% pure water, while the remaining percentage (3.5%) consists of salts such as sodium, sulfates, magnesium, chlorine, potassium, and calcium. 

The exact amount of salt depends on each Sea, but it is usually 35 mg per liter of water.

Sea temperatures depend on geographic location. Some seas maintain a constant temperature during all seasons, while in others, the temperature fluctuates according to the ambient temperature. 

Thus, in the Caribbean or Asian seas, the water remains warm throughout the year, and in oceans such as Japan, the temperature varies. 

Sea temperatures are always higher than ocean temperatures. This is because the sun’s rays reach the bottom of the Sea and prevent temperatures from dropping too low.

See also  Leopard Coloring Pages Printable PDF

The seas have two types of movements: waves and ocean currents. Waves are superficial and visible, while winds are underwater and can only be detected using specific instruments.

An immense variety of marine animals can be found within the seas. The type of fauna inhabiting each Sea depends on geographical location, depth, water temperature, and other characteristics. 

The leading marine animals are sea turtles, fish, whales, dolphins, sharks, crabs, starfish, octopuses, manta rays, etc.

On the other hand, Continental seas are connected to the ocean by a narrow groove. There are three main types of seas:

Littoral or coastal seas are areas where, although there is no clear dividing line between the Sea and the ocean, the coastal Sea is recognized because it has a more excellent tidal range, slightly higher temperatures than the oceans, and is shallower. For example, the Norwegian Sea.

See also  Free Printable Llama Coloring Pages Pdf

Continental seas lie entirely within one or more continents and are connected to the ocean by a narrow furrow. Between the Sea and the ocean, there are differences in temperature and salinity. For example, the Mediterranean Sea.

Closed seas are seas that are completely isolated and are often confused with massive lakes. Generally, these waters usually contain less salinity than the open Sea. For example, the Dead Sea.

Download Sea Creatures Coloring Pages Pdf