If you’re looking for a thrilling and unique fishing experience, then barbarian fishing may be right up your alley. But the question remains, where do you go for barbarian fishing? Fear not, as I’ll be giving you the lowdown on the best places to cast your line in the hopes of catching a big one.
Barbarian fishing is not your average run-of-the-mill fishing trip. It’s a specialized form of fishing that has players wading in the water and using heavy barbarian fishing rods to catch fish. The best part is you can also gain experience in both fishing and strength. But where to go? The truth is, there are a few select spots across the lands of Gielinor that offer this unique experience, and I’ll be dishing out all the details in this article.
As someone who has spent countless hours fishing in different locales throughout Gielinor, I can tell you with confidence that barbarian fishing is a must-try experience. Not only is it enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding, but it’s also a great way to level up your character’s fishing and strength levels. So if you’re ready to take on this adventure, read on and find out where you can go for barbarian fishing and make your next fishing trip one to remember.
Overview of Barbarian Fishing
Barbarian Fishing is a popular method of training both Fishing and Strength in Old School Runescape. It involves fishing at the Barbarian Fishing spots in the Barbarian Outpost, where players can catch both Leaping trout and Leaping salmon. The method also involves Strength training because players have to constantly leap across the river to switch fishing spots, increasing their Strength level.
- Barbarian Fishing can provide an average of 50,000-60,000 Fishing experience and 10,000-15,000 Strength experience per hour.
- The Barbarian Fishing spots in the Outpost can only be accessed after completing the prerequisite Bar Crawl miniquest.
- Players need to have at least level 48 Fishing and 15 Strength to participate in Barbarian Fishing.
The factors that make Barbarian Fishing a popular training method are its efficiency and profitability. Not only does it grant a considerable amount of experience for both Fishing and Strength, but the fish caught can also be sold for a good profit. Leaping trout can be sold for around 50-60 coins each and Leaping salmon can be sold for around 70-80 coins each.
Furthermore, with the completion of the Diary for the Kandarin region, players can receive more experience per fish and have a chance to catch a Treasure Trail clue bottle.
Best Barbarian Fishing Locations
Barbarian Fishing is a popular method of fishing among players of the game, Runescape. This type of fishing involves catching Leaping Fish that can only be caught using Barbarian Fishing techniques. Below are some of the best Barbarian Fishing locations where players can catch and train their fishing experience.
- Otto’s Grotto: This location can be accessed after completing the Barcrawl mini-quest. It is located under Baxtorian Falls, and it is a very popular spot among players due to its close proximity to a bank.
- Lake Molch: This location is found in the Molch area in the Kourend & Kebos region. Players need to have 50% favor in the Hosidius House to access the location. This location is unique because players can catch both Leaping Fish and Molch.
- Fishing Guild: Players who have achieved level 68 fishing can access this guild. It is located in the west of Hemenster and has several spots where players can catch Leaping Fish.
Equipment Needed for Barbarian Fishing
Before setting out to Barbarian Fish, players need to equip themselves with the required tools and equipment. The following is a list of items that players need:
|Barbarian fishing rod||Used to catch Leaping Fish|
|Feathers||Used as bait when Barbarian Fishing with the Barbarian fishing rod|
|Karambwan Vessel||Used to store cooked Karambwan after being fished, thereby increasing the rate of fishing experience gained.|
|Knife||Used to cut the fish that have been caught into steaks|
|Cooking Range/Fire||Used to cook the fish that have been caught and cut|
Tips for Barbarian Fishing
Here are some tips for players who want to start Barbarian Fishing:
- Try to wear lightweight armor as it decreases your chances of failing to catch Leaping Fish. The most suitable sets are Graceful and Larupia.
- Players should have started the Barbarian Training mini-quest in order to catch Leaping Fish.
- It is advisable to train with a full inventory of fish to maximize experience gains.
- Lastly, players should use the Karambwan vessel to store Karambwan, as it increases the experience gained by catching them.
How to Get to Barbarian Fishing Spots
Barbarian Fishing is a popular method among anglers who want to level up their Fishing and Cooking skills. But, where do you go for it? Here’s a guide on how to get to Barbarian Fishing Spots:
- Barbarian Village: The most popular spot for Barbarian Fishing is located in Barbarian Village, which is North of Falador. You can reach it by using the Games Necklace and selecting “Barbarian Outpost,” which will teleport you to the Barbarian Outpost. Alternatively, you can walk from the Edgeville Bank and head north until you reach the village.
- Otto’s Grotto: Another option is to go to Otto’s Grotto, located south-west of the Barbarian Outpost. To get there, you can use the Games Necklace and select “Barbarian Outpost,” then head west until you see a bridge. Cross it and continue walking until you reach a cave entrance.
- Isle of Souls: The Isle of Souls is a less frequently used spot for Barbarian Fishing. To get there, you need to complete the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio Quest. Once you have completed it, head to the northeast corner of the village and take a boat to the isle.
It’s worth noting that Barbarian Fishing is a members-only activity, so make sure you have a membership before attempting to access these spots.
Once you get to your desired location, you’ll need to equip a Fishing Rod and Fishing Bait and start fishing at the designated spots. These spots are marked with fishing symbols on the ground, so they’re easy to spot. You can also cook your catches on a nearby fire when you need to restock on food.
Happy Barbarian Fishing!
|Barbarian Village||None||Games Necklace or Walk from Edgeville Bank|
|Otto’s Grotto||Completion of Barbarian Training Mini-Game||Games Necklace or Walk from Barbarian Village|
|Isle of Souls||Completion of Tai Bwo Wannai Trio Quest||Boat from Tai Bwo Wannai Village|
Remember that the location you choose depends on your preferences and quest progression, so choose wisely!
Equipment Needed for Barbarian Fishing
If you are planning to do some barbarian fishing, there are a few pieces of equipment that you will need to have with you. Here are the essentials:
- Fishing Rod – A heavy fishing rod is the most important piece of equipment that you will need for barbarian fishing. It will need to have a fishing line of at least 35lbs to ensure it can handle the weight of the fish you will catch.
- Bait – You will need to bring along fishing bait. Keep in mind that some types of bait are more useful than others, such as feathers.
- Feathers – Feathers are one of the most effective baits for barbarian fishing. You can either bring them with you or gather them from the chickens that are nearby.
- Karambwan Vessel – The Karambwan Vessel is an item that you can use for barbarian fishing that will allow you to cook the Karambwan fish without a fire. This makes it an essential item to have if you want to maximize your fishing efficiency.
To give you a better idea of what you need, here is a list of equipment needed for each activity:
Barbarian Fishing Equipment List
|Barbarian Fishing||Heavy fishing rod, fishing bait, feathers, Karambwan Vessel|
Having these items with you will give you the best chance of success when you head out for barbarian fishing. So, make sure you are properly equipped and ready to catch some fish!
Tips and Tricks for Successful Barbarian Fishing
If you’re looking to master the art of barbarian fishing, there are a few tips and tricks that can help you increase your catch rate and overall success. Below are some of the most effective strategies for successful barbarian fishing:
- Use the right bait: The best bait for barbarian fishing is either feathers or fishing bait. Both of these options will work well, but feathers tend to be the more effective option. You can purchase feathers from fishing shops or pick them up as drops from certain monsters.
- Fish at the right location: Barbarian fishing can be done at either the Barbarian Outpost or the Fishing Guild. The Fishing Guild tends to be the better option, as it offers faster catch rates and a higher chance of catching certain fish.
- Train Strength while fishing: One unique aspect of barbarian fishing is that it allows you to train your Strength skill while you fish. This is done by repeatedly catching and releasing fish, which gives you Strength experience in addition to Fishing experience.
Beyond these basic tips, there are a few other strategies that can help you maximize your catch rate when barbarian fishing. These include:
Firstly, it is important to be mindful of your inventory space at all times while fishing. Make sure to bring plenty of fishing bait and feathers, as well as a knife in case you need to cut your fish into smaller pieces. Additionally, try to keep your inventory as empty as possible to avoid having to constantly bank your catches.
Another useful strategy is to alternate between two different spots while fishing. This can help you avoid getting bored or burnt out, and it also allows you to take advantage of different fishing locations. Finally, it’s worth crafting and using Barb-tail harpoons whenever possible, as these can significantly increase your catch rate.
|Fish Type||Fishing Level||Strength Level||Experience Per Catch|
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a skilled barbarian fisherman in no time. Remember to be patient, bring plenty of supplies, and stay focused while fishing, and you’ll soon be reeling in plentiful numbers of fish!
Alternatives to Barbarian Fishing
While barbarian fishing is an effective way to level up fishing and strength, there are other ways to train these skills that might be more suitable for certain players. Here are some alternatives to barbarian fishing:
- Fly Fishing: This method is preferred by many players because it provides a good experience per hour (XP/H) rate and it is more relaxing than barbarian fishing. Fly fishing requires level 20 fishing and allows players to catch trout and salmon, which can be used to make money or cook for food.
- Lobster Fishing: For players with higher fishing levels (40+), lobster fishing is a profitable alternative to barbarian fishing. Lobsters can be sold for a good amount of gold and provide a decent XP/H rate. To start lobster fishing, players should head to the Karamja docks and talk to the fishing spot.
- Monkfish Fishing: This is a higher-level fishing method that requires level 62 fishing. Monkfish provides good XP/H and is a good source of food since it heals players for 16 hitpoints each.
If you’re looking for a more passive way to train fishing while doing other things, you can try fishing in the Fishing Trawler minigame or fishing for minnows in the Fishing Guild. Both activities provide decent XP/H and can be done while AFK.
For those who prefer to train strength and combat skills while fishing, the following methods might be more suitable:
Harpoon Fishing: This method is similar to barbarian fishing, but it requires more attention from the player. Players can catch tuna, swordfish, and even sharks for good XP/H rates and cooking ingredients. Harpoon fishing requires level 35 fishing.
|Fishing Method||Required Fishing Level||Good for:|
|Barbarian Fishing||48||Strength Training|
|Fly Fishing||20||XP/H rate|
|Harpoon Fishing||35||Combat Training|
|Lobster Fishing||40||Profitable fishing|
|Monkfish Fishing||62||High-level XP/H rate|
Ultimately, the best fishing method for you will depend on your playstyle and goals. Try out different methods and see what works best for you.
Benefits of Barbarian Fishing over Other Methods
Barbarian fishing is a popular method of fishing that combines both Fishing and Strength skills. It involves fishing in the rivers and lakes of Barbarian Village, where players can catch a range of fish such as trout, salmon, and even the elusive leaping fish. Here are some of the benefits of Barbarian fishing over other fishing methods:
- Efficiency: Barbarian fishing is one of the most efficient methods of training both Fishing and Strength skills at the same time. Players can expect to gain up to 50,000 experience in Fishing and 20,000 experience in Strength per hour.
- Profitability: Barbarian fishing can also be profitable for players, as they can sell the fish they catch for a decent profit. In addition, players can also collect and sell the Barbarian loot, such as feathers and runes, which can be worth a significant amount of gold.
- AFKable: Another benefit of Barbarian fishing is that it is an AFKable activity, meaning players can easily multitask while fishing. Simply click on the fishing spot and watch as your character automatically fishes and drops the fish into the nearby fire.
However, Barbarian fishing is not without its drawbacks. Here are some of the potential downsides of this fishing method:
- Higher skill requirements: Barbarian fishing requires a Fishing level of at least 48 and a Strength level of at least 15, which can be a barrier for some players.
- Time-consuming: Although Barbarian fishing is efficient, it can still be a time-consuming activity that requires a lot of patience. Players may also have to compete with other players for the fishing spots, which can slow down the fishing process.
Barbarian Fishing Benefits Comparison Table
|Benefits||Barbarian Fishing||Other Fishing Methods|
Overall, Barbarian fishing is a great method for efficient, somewhat profitable, and AFKable training of Fishing and Strength skills. It is especially useful for players who wish to level up both skills simultaneously and don’t mind putting in the time and effort required for this method. However, players should also consider other fishing methods depending on their priorities, such as profitability or ease of use.
FAQs: Where Do I Go for Barbarian Fishing?
1. What is barbarian fishing?
Barbarian fishing is a popular fishing method in the game “RuneScape” where players fish for leaping salmon and leaping sturgeon at the Barbarian Outpost.
2. Where is the Barbarian Outpost located?
The Barbarian Outpost is located in the members-only section of Gunnarsgrunn, which is in the northern part of the Tree Gnome Village.
3. Do I need any requirements to start barbarian fishing?
Yes, players must have at least level 48 Fishing and Barbarian Training to start barbarian fishing.
4. What equipment do I need for barbarian fishing?
Players will need a fishing rod, fishing bait (for salmon), a heavy fishing rod (for sturgeon), and a barbarian rod (for both). It is also recommended to bring feathers to save bait.
5. Can I bank my fish at the Barbarian Outpost?
No, there is no bank at the Barbarian Outpost. However, players can use the deposit box located south of the lake to bank their fish.
6. Are there any benefits to barbarian fishing?
Yes, players can earn Fishing experience and Strength experience while barbarian fishing. They can also catch fish faster than traditional fishing methods.
Thank you for taking the time to read about where to go for barbarian fishing in “RuneScape.” We hope this article has provided you with helpful information about the requirements, location, and equipment needed for this popular fishing method. Happy fishing and be sure to visit again soon for more RuneScape tips and tricks!