“Have you ever wondered how much money your favorite rapper made from their latest album? Well, Lil Uzi Vert’s second studio album, Luv is Rage 2, made a whopping $2.6 million in its first week of sales. That’s right, this 2017 album exploded onto the charts and stole hearts of fans around the world. With tracks like “The Way Life Goes” and “XO TOUR Llif3,” it’s no surprise that Lil Uzi Vert became a household name.”
“Of course, making millions isn’t a new experience for the young rapper. Lil Uzi Vert, whose real name is Symere Woods, started his journey towards success in North Philadelphia. With catchy hooks and a unique flow, he garnered a massive following on SoundCloud before being signed to Atlantic Records in 2016. From there, his career skyrocketed, culminating in the release of Luv is Rage 2 and his subsequent tour. Lil Uzi Vert’s talent and hard work have paid off, and the sales of his second album are a testament to that.”
“As a fan, it’s always fascinating to see how much money our favorite artists make. Beyond the numbers, however, Luv is Rage 2 has been an album that has touched many listeners around the world. With a mix of heart-wrenching lyrics and infectious beats, Lil Uzi Vert’s album continues to be a staple in the rap and hip-hop community. For Symere Woods, the success of Luv is Rage 2 is just the beginning of what promises to be an electrifying career.”
Lil Uzi Vert’s Luv Is Rage 2 Album Sales
Lil Uzi Vert had a record-breaking year in 2017 with the release of his highly anticipated album, Luv Is Rage 2. The album, which was released on August 25, 2017, debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart with 135,000 album-equivalent units sold in its first week. This impressive feat not only made it Lil Uzi Vert’s first number one album, but it also earned him the title of having the highest first-week sales for a hip-hop album in 2017, according to Billboard.
- First-week sales of 135,000 album-equivalent units
- Debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart
- Highest first-week sales for a hip-hop album in 2017
The success of Luv Is Rage 2 did not stop there. The album continued to dominate the charts and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) just two months after its release. It has also been streamed over 3.9 billion times on Spotify, making it the most-streamed album of 2017.
It’s clear that Lil Uzi Vert’s unique sound and style resonated with fans, and the success of Luv Is Rage 2 solidified his place as one of the hottest names in hip-hop music.
|August 25, 2017
|135,000 album-equivalent units (first week)
|October 27, 2017
Lil Uzi Vert’s Luv Is Rage 2 was undoubtedly one of the most successful hip-hop albums of 2017. Its impressive first-week sales, continued dominance on the charts, and RIAA platinum certification are clear indicators of its popularity and impact on the music industry.
Luv Is Rage 2’s Chart Performance
Released in August 2017, Luv Is Rage 2 is the debut studio album by American rapper, Lil Uzi Vert. The album features popular tracks such as “XO Tour Llif3” and “The Way Life Goes”. The album was well-received, and it debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, with 135,000 album-equivalent units in its first week.
- The album was certified Platinum in the US by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in only three months after its release, selling over a million units.
- It held the top spot on the Billboard 200 for a total of two weeks and remained on the chart for over a year.
- In Canada, Luv Is Rage 2 also debuted at number one on the Canadian Albums Chart, making it the first album by Lil Uzi Vert to reach the top spot in Canada.
The album’s success was due in part to the chart performance of its lead single, “XO Tour Llif3”. The song was released in March 2017, and it quickly became a viral hit. It peaked at number seven on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and was certified 7× Platinum by the RIAA, making it Lil Uzi Vert’s highest-charting and best-selling single to date.
Here is a breakdown of the album’s chart performance:
|US Billboard 200
|Canadian Albums Chart
|Australian Albums Chart
|New Zealand Albums Chart
|UK Albums Chart
The success of Luv Is Rage 2 solidified Lil Uzi Vert’s place in the rap industry and proved that he could create a commercially successful album that appealed to both fans and critics alike.
Lil Uzi Vert’s Net Worth
Lil Uzi Vert, whose real name is Symere Woods, is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. He first gained popularity with his debut single “Money Longer” in 2016 and has since become one of the most successful rappers in the industry. As of 2021, Lil Uzi Vert’s net worth is estimated to be $16 million.
How Much Money Did “Luv Is Rage 2” Make?
- “Luv Is Rage 2” is the debut studio album by Lil Uzi Vert, which was released in 2017.
- The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and was certified platinum by the RIAA in 2018.
- According to Forbes, “Luv Is Rage 2” made $14.4 million in revenue in 2017.
Sources of Lil Uzi Vert’s Net Worth
Lil Uzi Vert’s net worth primarily comes from his successful music career, where he has released multiple hit songs and albums. He has also collaborated with other popular artists, including Travis Scott, Young Thug, and Post Malone. In addition, Lil Uzi Vert has partnerships with brands such as Puma and G-Star RAW, which have contributed to his net worth.
Aside from music and brand partnerships, Lil Uzi Vert also generates income from his social media accounts. He has millions of followers on Instagram and Twitter, where he promotes his music and shares personal moments with his fans. Additionally, Lil Uzi Vert has invested in cryptocurrency, which has also contributed to his net worth.
Lil Uzi Vert’s Assets
With a net worth of $16 million, Lil Uzi Vert has accumulated several assets over the years. He owns a luxurious mansion in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which he purchased for $1.7 million in 2019. He also owns multiple high-end cars, including a Lamborghini Urus, a Bugatti Veyron, and a Rolls Royce Cullinan. In addition to his physical assets, Lil Uzi Vert owns several cryptocurrency investments, including Bitcoin and Ethereum.
|Rolls Royce Cullinan
Overall, Lil Uzi Vert’s net worth and assets reflect his success in the music industry and his ability to diversify his income streams.
Financial Impact of Luv Is Rage 2
Released in August 2017, Luv Is Rage 2 is the second studio album by rapper Lil Uzi Vert. The album was an instant hit, debuting at number one on the US Billboard 200 and earning critical acclaim. But beyond its artistic success, Luv Is Rage 2 also had a significant financial impact, with its sales, streaming numbers, and merchandise contributing to Lil Uzi Vert’s multimillion-dollar net worth.
- Album sales: According to Billboard, Luv Is Rage 2 sold 135,000 album-equivalent units in its first week, with 28,000 of those units coming from traditional album sales. The album went on to sell over 1 million copies in the US alone, earning Lil Uzi Vert a platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Streaming numbers: Luv Is Rage 2 was also a streaming juggernaut, with songs from the album racking up billions of plays on platforms like Spotify and Apple Music. As of 2021, the album’s lead single, “XO TOUR Llif3,” has over 1.5 billion streams on Spotify, making it one of the most-streamed songs in the platform’s history.
- Merchandise sales: In addition to album sales and streaming royalties, Lil Uzi Vert also earned money from Luv Is Rage 2 merchandise, including t-shirts, hats, and other apparel. According to reports, some of the merchandise items were priced at over $100, with fans eager to show their support for the rapper and his music.
All of these revenue streams contributed to Lil Uzi Vert’s net worth, which was estimated at $16 million as of 2021. The success of Luv Is Rage 2 also helped pave the way for Lil Uzi Vert’s continued success in the music industry, with subsequent albums like Eternal Atake and Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World 2 also earning critical and commercial success.
Luv Is Rage 2 was a landmark album for Lil Uzi Vert, marking a turning point in his career and propelling him to new heights of fame and fortune. The album’s sales, streaming numbers, and merchandise sales all contributed to Lil Uzi Vert’s net worth, forming part of a larger financial ecosystem that has made him one of the most successful rappers of his generation. As Lil Uzi Vert continues to release new music and engage with his legions of fans, it’s clear that he will remain a major force in the music industry for years to come.
Critic Reviews of Luv Is Rage 2
Luv Is Rage 2, the debut studio album by American rapper Lil Uzi Vert, was released on August 25, 2017. It received mixed reviews from the music critics.
- Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream publications, gave the album an average score of 66 based on 20 reviews, indicating “generally favorable reviews.”
- David Jeffries of AllMusic gave the album 4 out of 5 stars, calling it “a fun and fulfilling ride” and praised Lil Uzi for his “unapologetic approach.”
- On the other hand, Christopher R. Weingarten of Rolling Stone gave the album 2 out of 5 stars, stating that “Luv Is Rage 2 struggles with monochromatic beats and bland rhymes.”
Some reviewers praised Lil Uzi’s flow and vocal delivery, while others criticized the album for being too repetitive and lacking in depth.
Despite the mixed reviews, Luv Is Rage 2 was a commercial success, debuting at number one on the US Billboard 200 and becoming Lil Uzi’s first chart-topping album. It also generated over 1 billion streams on streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music.
|Consequence of Sound
|Christopher R. Weingarten
Overall, while the album had its critics, Luv Is Rage 2 was a commercially successful album that solidified Lil Uzi Vert’s place as one of the leading figures in the modern rap scene.
Luv Is Rage 2’s International Reach
Aside from dominating the charts in the US, Luv Is Rage 2 has also made waves internationally. Here are some key facts about the album’s global reach:
- The album debuted at number 7 on the UK Albums Chart and stayed in the top 100 for over 25 weeks.
- In Canada, Luv Is Rage 2 debuted at number 2 on the Canadian Albums Chart and remained in the top 100 for over 30 weeks.
- In Australia, the album debuted at number 6 on the ARIA Charts and remained in the top 100 for over 20 weeks.
These impressive international chart positions demonstrate Lil Uzi Vert’s global appeal and popularity beyond the US.
In addition to the album’s success on the charts, Luv Is Rage 2 also features collaborations with several international artists, including:
- The Weeknd on “UnFazed”
- Pharrell Williams on “Neon Guts”
- Oh Wonder on “The Way Life Goes”
These collaborations not only broaden the album’s sound and style but also bring together artists from different countries and cultures.
Streaming and Social Media
Luv Is Rage 2’s international reach is also evident in its streaming and social media numbers. According to Spotify, Lil Uzi Vert’s top three streaming countries for the album are the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
|Top Countries for Luv Is Rage 2 on Spotify
|Top Cities for Luv Is Rage 2 on Spotify
|1. United States
|1. Los Angeles
|3. United Kingdom
|3. New York
Furthermore, Lil Uzi Vert has a significant following on social media platforms outside of the US. He has 3 million Instagram followers from Brazil alone and over 2 million from the UK.
Overall, Luv Is Rage 2’s international success confirms Lil Uzi Vert’s appeal as a global artist and solidifies his place in the music industry both in the US and beyond.
Lil Uzi Vert’s Brand Endorsements
Lil Uzi Vert is not just known for his music, but he has also made quite a name for himself in the world of fashion and endorsement deals. He has been successful in partnering with some of the most prominent brands in the world, which has undoubtedly contributed a significant amount to Luv Is Rage 2’s impressive earnings.
- PlayStation: Lil Uzi Vert became an ambassador for PlayStation in 2018. He appeared in a commercial for the brand, which showcased the PlayStation exclusive game Spider-Man. The commercial garnered over 7.5 million views on YouTube and became a huge success for both Lil Uzi Vert and PlayStation.
- Off-White: Lil Uzi Vert is often seen wearing clothes from the brand Off-White, which has become a staple in high-end streetwear. In 2019, he was featured in a promotional video for the brand’s spring/summer collection. This deal likely came with a significant payout for Lil Uzi Vert, as Off-White is a highly sought-after brand.
- Diamond City: Lil Uzi Vert has had a longstanding partnership with the jewelry company Diamond City. He frequently wears pieces from the brand’s collection, and they even released a collaborative piece together, the “Lil Uzi Vert Eternal Stone.” The jewelry piece sold out within minutes and helped boost not only Diamond City’s popularity but also Lil Uzi Vert’s financial earnings.
Brand Endorsement Earnings
Although it is unclear exactly how much Lil Uzi Vert earns from his brand endorsement deals, it is safe to assume that it is a significant amount. It is not uncommon for high profile musicians to earn millions of dollars just for endorsing a brand. For example, Beyonce reportedly earned $50 million for partnering with Pepsi, and Kendrick Lamar earned $1 million for teaming up with Reebok.
It is also important to note that brand endorsements are a mutually beneficial partnership. The brands that Lil Uzi Vert endorses benefit from his massive fan base and popularity, while Lil Uzi Vert’s image is strengthened by associating with prestigious brands and companies. Therefore, it is not just one party benefiting financially but rather both.
FAQs about How Much Money Did Luv Is Rage 2 Make
1. How much money did Luv Is Rage 2 make in its first week of release?
Luv Is Rage 2 debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart and reportedly earned around $135,000 in its first week of release.
2. How much money did Luv Is Rage 2 generate in total sales?
As of 2021, the album has sold over 3.1 million album-equivalent units, which translates to around $31 million in revenue.
3. How much money did Luv Is Rage 2 make from streaming?
Streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal contributed majorly to the album’s success, with Luv Is Rage 2 reportedly earning around $800,000 in streaming revenue in its first week alone.
4. Did special edition releases of Luv Is Rage 2 bring in extra revenue?
Yes, special editions of the album featuring bonus tracks and merchandise reportedly brought in additional revenue, but specific numbers are not publicly available.
5. Did touring contribute to the overall revenue of Luv Is Rage 2?
Yes, singer and rapper Lil Uzi Vert, who released Luv Is Rage 2, embarked on a tour to support the album in 2018, which reportedly earned him millions of dollars in ticket sales.
6. How did Luv Is Rage 2’s revenue compare to other albums released in the same year?
According to Billboard, Luv Is Rage 2 was the sixth-highest selling album of 2017, behind artists like Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, and Drake.
Closing Paragraph: Thanks for Reading!
There you have it – a breakdown of how much money did Luv Is Rage 2 make. From its impressive debut on the Billboard charts to its success in streaming and touring revenue, Luv Is Rage 2 was a commercial hit for Lil Uzi Vert. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check back later for more music news and updates. Thank you for reading!