Ladies and gents, welcome to the world of Well Health Safety Seal! Have you heard of it? Probably yes, but do you know who is behind this seal of safety? Aha, that’s what we are here to tell you! So, let’s buckle up and dive deep into unraveling the mystery of the brains behind this innovative and much-needed solution.
First off, let me tell you, it’s not just one person who came up with this idea. It’s a collaboration of some of the most illustrious minds in health and safety sectors. Well Health Safety Seal is a joint venture of International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) and Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). IWBI is a globally renowned thought leader in human health and wellness, while GBCI is a trusted name when it comes to certification and credentialing in sustainability.
Together, these two organizations have come up with an ingenious solution to address the pandemic-related concerns of every stakeholder involved in the built environment- from building owners to occupants, to visitors. What’s more, their approach goes way beyond tackling the current crisis. It lays down a foundation that can make our buildings and communities safer and healthier for the future. So, now that you know who’s behind Well Health Safety Seal let’s delve deeper to understand how it works and what makes it unique.
Criteria for Well Health Safety Seal
Well Health Safety Seal is a symbol that represents the highest level of health and safety measures adopted by an establishment. It instills confidence in visitors and consumers that the place is taking every possible precaution to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. However, not every establishment is eligible for the Well Health Safety Seal, and they have to meet certain criteria to earn it.
- Effective air and water management – The establishment should have a certified HVAC system and regular water testing to ensure the quality of air and water
- Enhanced cleaning procedures – The place should follow a strict cleaning regimen that uses EPA-approved disinfectants and includes high traffic and high touch areas.
- Social distancing policies – The establishment should promote social distancing by regulating the flow of visitors, installing barriers, and reconfiguring the seating arrangements.
The criteria are not limited to the above-mentioned factors, and establishments have to meet all the requirements issued by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI), a third-party organization that evaluates and issues the Well Health Safety Seal.
The IWBI has set up a rigorous assessment process that includes a combination of document review, visual inspection, and on-site testing. The evaluation covers various aspects of the establishment’s operations, such as management policies, emergency preparedness, and stakeholder engagement.
|Well Health Safety Seal Assessment Categories
|Policy and Planning
|The establishment has a health and safety policy that aligns with the latest scientific research and governmental guidelines for COVID-19 preparedness and response.
|The establishment has engaged stakeholders, including employees, tenants, and visitors, to create a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
|Emergency Preparedness Programs
|The establishment has developed an emergency preparedness program that outlines the steps to mitigate and respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
|Health Promotion and Education
|The establishment has provided health and hygiene education to employees, tenants, and visitors and encouraged healthy behaviors.
The evaluation is a comprehensive process that ensures that an establishment that earns the Well Health Safety Seal is genuinely committed to the health and safety of its stakeholders and visitors. By following the criteria, the establishments can create an environment that fosters trust and confidence in post-pandemic times.
Organisations partnered with Well Health Safety Seal
The Well Health Safety Seal initiative was launched in June 2020, as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is a program created by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI), a public benefit corporation that is committed to improving human health and wellbeing through the built environment. The program involves comprehensive guidelines and protocols for cleaning, disinfecting, and promoting healthy practices in buildings and spaces.
The Well Health Safety Seal program has partnered with several organizations across different industries to further its mission of creating healthy and safe spaces for everyone. Some of these organizations include:
- Major League Baseball (MLB) – The Well Health Safety Seal program partnered with MLB to help the league safely resume its activities during the pandemic. Several MLB stadiums have received the Well Health Safety Seal certification, indicating that they have implemented the recommended health and safety protocols.
- Hospitality organizations – The Well Health Safety Seal program has partnered with several hospitality organizations, including the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Marriott International, and the American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA). These partnerships aim to promote healthy and safe practices in hotels and resorts to protect guests, employees, and visitors.
- Retail organizations – The Well Health Safety Seal program has also partnered with leading retail organizations, such as Walgreens and Simon Property Group. The program provides guidelines and protocols for maintaining healthy and safe shopping environments, including regular cleaning and disinfecting, promoting social distancing, and requiring masks.
The Well Health Safety Seal Certification
Organizations that meet the health and safety criteria outlined by the Well Health Safety Seal program can receive certification. The certification is based on an assessment of a building’s operational policies, maintenance protocols, emergency plans, and design strategies. Buildings and spaces that receive the certification can display the Well Health Safety Seal logo, indicating that they have implemented the recommended health and safety practices.
|Benefits of the Well Health Safety Seal Certification:
|Increased confidence among employees, customers, and visitors that the building or space is safe and healthy
|Enhanced reputation and competitive advantage for organizations
|Reduced risk of infection and liability for organizations
The Well Health Safety Seal program continues to partner with organizations across different sectors to promote healthy and safe practices in buildings and spaces. With the ongoing pandemic, it is more important than ever to prioritize health and safety in all aspects of our lives.
Certification Process of Well Health Safety Seal
The certification process of the Well Health Safety Seal is a multi-step process that ensures comprehensive health and safety protocols have been put in place. This process focuses on COVID-19 and other infectious diseases and is designed to give consumers and employees confidence that the location they are visiting is taking the necessary precautions.
- Application: The first step of the certification process is for the location to apply for the Well Health Safety Seal. The application process requires the submission of documentation that proves compliance with the Well Health Safety Seal requirements.
- Review: Once an application is submitted, a team of health and safety experts reviews the submission to ensure that the location meets all of the requirements. This step is critical to ensure that only locations that meet the Well Health Safety Seal standards receive the certification.
- Verification: Once the review process is complete and the location meets the requirements, an on-site verification process takes place. During this process, independent third-party inspectors verify compliance with the Well Health Safety Seal protocols.
The certification process is rigorous and thorough, ensuring that only locations that have met the requirements receive the Well Health Safety Seal. This certification provides peace of mind to both employees and customers that their health and safety are a top priority.
Locations that receive the Well Health Safety Seal are licensed to display the seal, indicating to customers and employees that the location has taken the necessary precautions to ensure their safety. The certification is valid for one year, after which the location must reapply to maintain the certification.
Benefits of Well Health Safety Seal Certification
The Well Health Safety Seal provides several benefits to the location that receives it. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased customer confidence: Customers want to know that the location they are visiting is taking their health and safety seriously. A Well Health Safety Seal certification gives customers confidence that the location is doing everything it can to promote safety.
- Improved employee morale: Employees want to know that their employer has taken steps to ensure their safety. The Well Health Safety Seal certification demonstrates that the location cares about the health and safety of its employees.
- Competitive advantage: Locations that display the Well Health Safety Seal have a competitive advantage over those that do not. Customers are more likely to choose a location that has taken steps to promote safety and protect their health.
Well Health Safety Seal Requirements
The Well Health Safety Seal is based on the recommendations of public health experts and best practices from a variety of industries. The requirements are designed to minimize the risk of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. Some of the requirements include:
|Sanitization and disinfection procedures
|Locations must have thorough sanitization and disinfection procedures in place and use approved cleaning products.
|Employees must receive training on COVID-19 and other infectious diseases, including how to prevent the spread of infection.
|Locations must have physical distancing measures in place, such as reducing occupancy, adjusting layouts, and promoting outdoor activities.
|Employees and customers must undergo health screenings, including temperature checks and symptom screenings before entering the facility.
|Locations must have clear communication plans to ensure that all employees and customers are aware of the safety protocols in place.
The Well Health Safety Seal is a comprehensive certification that ensures the health and safety of employees and customers. Locations that receive the certification have taken the necessary steps to promote safety and reduce the risk of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
Benefits of having Well Health Safety Seal
Well Health Safety Seal is a program that helps businesses to thrive in the new normal by demonstrating they have taken steps to keep their customers and employees safe. This program has been developed by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) which is a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellbeing through the built environment.
Here are the benefits of having Well Health Safety Seal:
- Enhanced consumer confidence: Customers are hesitant to visit businesses that do not prioritize their safety. By displaying the Well Health Safety Seal, businesses can gain the trust and confidence of their customers by demonstrating their commitment to health and safety.
- Improved employee morale: Well Health Safety Seal program helps businesses to create a safe and healthy work environment that meets the needs of their employees. By implementing these measures, businesses demonstrate that they care about their employees’ wellbeing, which can positively impact retention and productivity.
- Better communication: Well Health Safety Seal program provides businesses with a clear guideline on how to effectively communicate their safety protocols to their customers and employees. By following these guidelines, businesses can ensure that everyone is on the same page and that there is no confusion about the safety measures being implemented.
Besides, businesses that have the Well Health Safety Seal are listed on the IWBI website. This can lead to greater visibility for the business, as customers and employees can easily identify and patronize businesses that prioritize health and safety.
Well Health Safety Seal Criteria
The Well Health Safety Seal evaluates businesses based on ten core areas across three different categories: cleaning and sanitization procedures, emergency preparedness programs, and health service resources. The table below highlights the areas and criteria that businesses must meet to receive the Well Health Safety Seal.
|Cleaning and Sanitization Procedures
|Regular and thorough cleaning of high-touch surfaces
|Implementation of social distancing protocols
|Use of appropriate cleaning products and protocols
|Emergency Preparedness Programs
|Establishment of emergency preparedness plan
|Execution of regular emergency drills
|Implementation of necessary respiratory protection equipment and protocols
|Health Service Resources
|Provision of health screening resources
|Maintenance of adequate healthcare staffing levels and resources
|Implementation of effective contact tracing protocols
|Establishment of community engagement resources for health promotion and education
By meeting these criteria, businesses can demonstrate their commitment to the health, safety, and wellbeing of their customers and employees.
Comparison of Well Health Safety Seal to other certifications
As the pandemic continues to affect the way we live our lives, many businesses are looking for ways to reassure customers that their establishments are clean and safe. Certifications have become a popular way to do this, but not all certifications are created equal. Here, we compare the Well Health Safety Seal to other certifications and what sets it apart.
- The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Certification: This certification focuses primarily on cleaning protocols and requires a third-party audit to ensure guidelines are met.
- Safe Travels Stamp: Created by the World Travel and Tourism Council, this stamp is awarded to businesses in the travel and tourism industry that have implemented strict health and hygiene protocols.
- OSHA COVID-19 Workplace Safety: This certification is offered by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and provides guidance on how to keep employees safe from COVID-19 in the workplace.
While these certifications are valuable in their own right, the Well Health Safety Seal takes a more holistic approach to health and safety. Not only does it address cleaning protocols, but it also considers factors such as air and water quality, emergency preparedness plans, and health services like telemedicine.
Additionally, the Well Health Safety Seal requires both an initial inspection and ongoing surveillance to ensure compliance with its standards. This sets it apart from certifications that only require a one-time audit.
|Well Health Safety Seal
|Cleaning protocols, air and water quality, emergency preparedness, health services
|GBAC Star Certification
|Safe Travels Stamp
|Health and hygiene protocols
|OSHA COVID-19 Workplace Safety
|Workplace safety from COVID-19
Overall, the Well Health Safety Seal provides a comprehensive approach to health and safety that encompasses a variety of factors. By requiring both an initial inspection and ongoing surveillance, it ensures that businesses are maintaining their standards over time. While other certifications may be useful in their specific areas of focus, the Well Health Safety Seal is a more well-rounded option for businesses looking to reassure customers and employees that they are taking health and safety seriously.
Consumer trust and Well Health Safety Seal
Consumer trust is a crucial factor in the success of any brand or product. In the current global pandemic, consumer trust in safety and sanitation has become even more vital, particularly in the hospitality and travel industries. The Well Health Safety Seal is a certification program that aims to address this concern by providing consumers with a visible symbol of safety and cleanliness. But who is behind this program, and how does it foster consumer trust?
- The Well Health Safety Seal is backed by a coalition of some of the most prominent brands and organizations in the hospitality and travel industries. These include Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, and the American Hotel & Lodging Association, among many others.
- The program was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on consumer confidence. The goal is to enable businesses to demonstrate their commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of their guests and employees.
- Participating businesses undergo a rigorous evaluation of their health and safety protocols by a third-party organization. These protocols cover everything from cleaning and disinfecting to air quality and food safety.
The process of certification by the Well Health Safety Seal fosters consumer trust in several ways:
- By participating in the program, businesses demonstrate that they take the health and safety of their guests and employees seriously, which is particularly important in the current pandemic climate.
- Consumers can verify the certification status of a business by looking for the Well Health Safety Seal on its premises or website. This provides a visible symbol of the business’s commitment to safety and hygiene, which can help to instill confidence.
- The Well Health Safety Seal is supported by a coalition of industry leaders and notable public figures, including Dr. Deepak Chopra and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr. This backing lends credibility and prestige to the program.
The success of the Well Health Safety Seal in fostering consumer trust can be attributed to a combination of factors, including the rigorous evaluation process, the visible symbol of certification, and the support of prominent industry leaders. These elements work together to demonstrate to consumers that participating businesses are taking the necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being.
|Benefits of Well Health Safety Seal for Consumers
|Benefits of Well Health Safety Seal for Businesses
|Increased confidence in the safety and cleanliness of businesses
|A visible symbol of commitment to safety and hygiene
|Assurance that businesses are following rigorous health and safety protocols
|Recognition as a leader in the hospitality and travel industries
|Ability to easily verify the certification status of businesses
|Access to tools and resources for maintaining high health and safety standards
In summary, the Well Health Safety Seal is a certification program designed to address consumer concerns about safety and cleanliness in the hospitality and travel industries. It fosters consumer trust through a rigorous evaluation process, a visible symbol of certification, and the support of industry leaders. For consumers, the program provides increased confidence in the safety and cleanliness of businesses, while businesses benefit from recognition and access to tools for maintaining high health and safety standards.
Impact of Well Health Safety Seal on the hospitality industry
The Well Health Safety Seal is a certification created by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) that recognizes facilities that have prioritized safety and health in their operations. This certification has had a significant impact on the hospitality industry since its launch in June 2020. Here are seven ways it has affected the industry:
- Improved guest confidence: With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, guests have become increasingly cautious about their health and safety when traveling. The Well Health Safety Seal provides them with assurance that the hotel has taken the necessary measures to protect their wellbeing, which can lead to increased bookings and repeat customers.
- Increased accountability: With the certification comes a set of strict guidelines that hotels must adhere to, including regular testing, enhanced cleaning protocols, and staff training. This increased level of accountability has encouraged hotels to take their guests’ health and safety more seriously.
- Positive branding: Showing off a Well Health Safety Seal has become a badge of honor for hotels that have received it. It has become a quick and easy way for hotels to showcase their commitment to safety and gain a competitive advantage in the market.
- Cost savings: The certification has led to cost savings and efficiencies for hotels. By implementing stricter cleaning protocols and investing in the latest technology and equipment, hotels have been able to reduce the risk of transmission while also increasing operational efficiency.
- Industry-wide adoption: The Well Health Safety Seal has quickly become the industry standard for safety and health. Many of the major hotel chains have already received the certification, and guests have come to expect it when choosing a hotel to stay in.
- Staff morale: Knowing that their workplace is taking their safety seriously can boost staff morale and create a positive work environment. Additionally, the certification requires staff training, which can lead to increased job satisfaction and skills development.
- Customer satisfaction: Ultimately, the Well Health Safety Seal’s impact on the hospitality industry is to improve customer satisfaction. In a post-COVID-19 world, customers are demanding a higher standard of safety, and hotels that are certified will be able to provide that assurance to their guests.
The Well Health Safety Seal has become an essential tool for hotels looking to regain their guests’ trust and confidence. By showing that they take their guests’ safety and wellbeing seriously, hotels can create a positive guest experience that will lead to increased bookings, repeat customers, and a stronger bottom line.
FAQs: Who is Behind Well Health Safety Seal?
1. What is the Well Health Safety Seal?
The Well Health Safety Seal is an evidence-based, third-party verification of health and safety protocols established by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
2. Who established the Well Health Safety Seal?
The Well Health Safety Seal was established by the IWBI – a public benefit corporation based in New York City, founded in 2013 by Paul Scialla.
3. Who is Paul Scialla?
Paul Scialla is the founder and CEO of the IWBI. Prior to establishing the IWBI, he was a successful real estate developer and investor.
4. Who else is behind the Well Health Safety Seal?
In addition to Paul Scialla, the IWBI team includes health and wellness experts, design and construction professionals, and technology innovators.
5. How does the Well Health Safety Seal determine safety protocols?
The Well Health Safety Seal is based on the latest scientific research, medical expertise, and global health standards. It also incorporates industry best practices and stakeholder input.
6. How does an organization achieve the Well Health Safety Seal?
To achieve the Well Health Safety Seal, an organization must demonstrate compliance with IWBI’s 22 health and safety protocols. They also undergo an independent third-party review.
7. What industries can benefit from the Well Health Safety Seal?
Any organization or space that prioritizes health and safety – including commercial buildings, hospitality, retail, and educational institutions – can benefit from the Well Health Safety Seal.
Closing Thoughts: Thanks for Learning More About Well Health Safety Seal
We hope these FAQs have helped you learn more about the people and processes behind the Well Health Safety Seal. As businesses, organizations, and individuals navigate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it’s never been more important to prioritize health and safety. By choosing to achieve the Well Health Safety Seal, you can demonstrate your commitment to creating safer spaces for all. Thank you for reading, and we hope you’ll visit again soon for more helpful information about health and well-being.