If you’re a muscle car enthusiast, then you’ve surely heard about the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and the Redeye versions. They are two of the most powerful and iconic cars in the modern automotive landscape, but what exactly sets them apart from each other? Well, for starters, the Hellcat debuted in 2015, while the Redeye came into existence in 2019. While both models share a lot of similarities, they still have their own unique traits.
Both Hellcat and Redeye are powered by a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine, which produces a whopping 707 horsepower in the former and 797 horsepower in the latter. That’s right, you read it correctly – the Redeye is even more powerful than the Hellcat! However, the differences don’t end with the horsepower. The Redeye is equipped with a larger and more efficient supercharger, higher-flow fuel injectors, and stronger connecting rods and pistons, among other things.
In terms of performance, both cars can hit 60 miles per hour in just over three seconds and have a top speed of around 200 miles per hour. However, the Redeye is known for its quicker quarter-mile times thanks to its upgraded transmission and engine tweaks. So, if you’re looking for a car that’s even more exciting and powerful than the already-impressive Hellcat, the Redeye might be just what you need.
Dodge Demon vs Hellcat
When it comes to high-performance American muscle cars, Dodge is a brand that is synonymous with power and speed. Among their standout models are the Hellcat and the Demon, both of which have taken the automotive world by storm. But if you’re in the market for a muscle car, how do you choose between these two powerhouse vehicles?
- The Hellcat is powered by a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine that produces 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. This means that the Hellcat can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.6 seconds and has a top speed of 199 mph.
- The Demon, on the other hand, takes things to a whole new level. Its supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V8 engine delivers a whopping 840 horsepower and 770 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful production car in the world. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.3 seconds and has a top speed of 203 mph.
- While both vehicles are incredibly fast, the Demon is designed specifically for drag racing, with features like a launch control system and special drag tires that make it the quickest quarter-mile production car in the world, completing the distance in just 9.65 seconds at 140 mph.
So, in summary, the Hellcat is an incredibly fast and powerful muscle car, but the Demon takes things to the next level with its mind-blowing horsepower and track-focused design. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference and what you plan on using the car for.
Performance Comparison between Hellcat and Redeye
The Dodge Challenger is one of the most iconic muscle cars in the world, and the Hellcat and Redeye are two of its most powerful versions. Both vehicles are sold by the same automaker and look similar, but there are significant differences under the hood.
- The Hellcat comes with a 6.2-liter V8 engine that delivers 717 horsepower and 656 lb-ft of torque.
- The Redeye, on the other hand, packs a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that cranks out a whopping 797 horsepower and 707 lb-ft of torque.
- Both models have rear-wheel drive, an eight-speed automatic transmission, and can go from 0 to 60 mph in less than four seconds.
While the Hellcat is no slouch in terms of performance, the Redeye takes things to a whole new level. The extra horsepower and torque enable the Redeye to achieve higher speeds, accelerate faster, and deliver a more thrilling driving experience.
Here’s a closer look at how the Hellcat and Redeye stack up against each other:
|Torque||656 lb-ft||707 lb-ft|
|0-60 mph||3.6 seconds||3.4 seconds|
|Top Speed||199 mph||203 mph|
In summary, the Hellcat and Redeye are both impressive vehicles that offer incredible performance and speed. However, if you’re looking for the most powerful and thrilling driving experience, the Redeye is the clear winner.
Design differences between Hellcat and Redeye
The Dodge Charger and Challenger are popular muscle cars in the automotive world. They both offer impressive performance and bold styling. However, the Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye have some notable design differences. Let’s take a closer look below.
- Wheels: One of the most significant design differences between the Hellcat and Redeye is the wheel design. The Hellcat has a standard 20-inch wheel, while the Redeye comes with a 20-inch satin black wheel. Additionally, the Redeye has an available 20-inch brass monkey wheel.
- Badging: The Redeye has unique badging on the grille and spoiler, which differentiates it from the Hellcat. The red eye graphic on the Hellcat badge is replaced with a black eye graphic on the Redeye badge. Additionally, the Redeye has a “supercharged” badge on the hood scoop, which the Hellcat does not have.
- Brembo® Brakes: Both the Hellcat and Redeye feature Brembo® brakes, but the Redeye has larger brakes with six-piston calipers in the front and four-piston calipers in the rear. The Hellcat has four-piston front and rear brakes.
Overall, the Hellcat and Redeye feature similar exterior designs, but the Redeye has some notable cosmetic upgrades that differentiate it from the Hellcat. With the Redeye’s unique badging, larger brakes, and distinctive wheel design, it’s easy to tell them apart on the road.
Check out the table below for a side-by-side comparison of the Hellcat and Redeye:
|Wheels||20-inch standard wheel||20-inch satin black wheel or available 20-inch brass monkey wheel|
|Badging||Hellcat badge with red eye graphic||Redeye badge with black eye graphic; “supercharged” badge on hood scoop|
|Brembo® Brakes||Four-piston front and rear brakes||Six-piston front and four-piston rear brakes|
In conclusion, while the Hellcat and Redeye have a lot of similarities, there are some distinguishing design differences between the two. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference as to which one you prefer. Regardless of which one you choose, you’ll be driving a powerful and impressive muscle car.
Engine Specifications of Hellcat and Redeye
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye are both potent and beautifully designed vehicles – each with its unique set of features that make driving them an exhilarating experience. Although these two models share some similar design elements, they are quite different in terms of performance and power. Here we take a look at the differences in engine specifications between the Hellcat and Redeye models, detailing their horsepower, torque, and other key metrics.
- Horsepower: The Hellcat boasts a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine that pumps out an impressive 717 horsepower.
- Torque: The car features a maximum torque of 650 lb-ft.
- 0 to 60: The Hellcat can accelerate from 0-60 MPH in just 3.7 seconds.
On the other hand, the Redeye model comes with a more powerful engine that has been tuned up to 797 horsepower -an astonishing feat of engineering.
- Horsepower: The Hellcat Redeye takes things up a notch by featuring a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi Hellcat V8 engine, delivering 797 horsepower.
- Torque: With a torque rating of 707 lb-ft.
- 0 to 60: This beast of a car can put down 0-60 in just an astonishingly fast 3.4 seconds!
In terms of other engine specifications, the Hellcat Redeye also features a larger supercharger than the Hellcat, so it is even more capable of delivering exceptional power and performance on the track. With its top speed of 203 mph and torque delivery of 707 lb-ft, the Redeye is one of the most powerful muscle cars on the market.
|Model||Horsepower||Torque||Top Speed||0 to 60 (seconds)|
|Hellcat||717||650 lb-ft||199 mph||3.7|
|Hellcat Redeye||797||707 lb-ft||203 mph||3.4|
In conclusion, both the Hellcat and Hellcat Redeye are impressive muscle cars that are capable of delivering exceptional performance. However, with its larger engine, more advanced supercharger, and higher horsepower and torque ratings, the Redeye is the clear winner when it comes to engine specifications. If you’re looking for a car that offers unbeatable power and performance, you can’t go wrong with the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat or Hellcat Redeye.
Driving experience of Hellcat vs Redeye
The driving experience of a muscle car is something that is often hard to put into words. It’s a feeling that you have to experience for yourself. However, we can compare the driving experience of the Hellcat and Redeye to give you an idea of what to expect.
- The Hellcat offers a powerful and exhilarating driving experience. The 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine produces a whopping 717 horsepower and 656 pound-feet of torque. The car’s suspension has been upgraded to handle the extra power, making it a joy to drive on winding roads. The Hellcat is also equipped with launch control, which allows you to launch the car from a standstill with maximum acceleration.
- The Redeye takes the driving experience to another level. It’s essentially a Hellcat with a larger supercharger, which boosts the power output to 797 horsepower and 707 pound-feet of torque. This extra power makes the Redeye even more thrilling to drive, as it can reach speeds that most other cars can only dream of. The suspension has also been upgraded to handle the extra power, making it a great car to take to the track.
- Both the Hellcat and Redeye offer similar driving characteristics, with a focus on fast acceleration and high speeds. However, the Redeye takes these characteristics to the extreme, making it a more intense driving experience overall.
- If you’re looking for a muscle car that provides a thrilling driving experience, either the Hellcat or Redeye will not disappoint. However, if you want the ultimate driving experience and can afford the extra price tag, the Redeye is the way to go.
- Keep in mind that these cars are not for everyone, especially if you’re looking for a car that is fuel-efficient or has a comfortable ride. These cars are designed for those who want to feel the power and thrill of driving a muscle car.
The difference in top speed between Hellcat and Redeye
The top speed of a car is something that many people are curious about, especially when it comes to muscle cars. The Hellcat and Redeye both have impressive top speeds, but there is a difference between the two.
The Hellcat has a top speed of 199 miles per hour, which is already a staggering number. However, the Redeye takes things to another level, with a top speed of 203 miles per hour. This makes the Redeye the faster of the two, although the difference in top speed may not be noticeable in everyday driving.
Overall, the difference in top speed between the Hellcat and Redeye may not be significant in everyday driving. However, it’s still impressive to know that these cars are capable of reaching such high speeds.
Price comparison of Hellcat and Redeye
When considering the purchase of a high-performance muscle car, the price is always a major factor to take into account. The Hellcat and Redeye are both top-tier options for muscle car enthusiasts, but there are significant price differences between the two models.
- The starting price for a Hellcat is around $60,000, while the starting price for a Redeye is closer to $70,000.
- There are additional package options available for both models, which can increase the overall cost significantly. For example, the Widebody package for the Hellcat adds another $6,000 to the base price, while the Redeye’s Widebody package is an additional $11,000!
- Additionally, the Redeye comes standard with many features that are only available as optional extras on the Hellcat. These extras can drive the price of a Hellcat higher than the starting price, while the Redeye comes fully loaded right out of the gate.
Here’s a look at how the prices compare for the basic models of each car:
Overall, the Redeye does come with a higher price tag than the Hellcat, but when you factor in the additional features that come standard on the Redeye, it can actually be a better value for your money. It’s important to carefully consider your budget and what features you’re looking for in a high-performance muscle car when making your decision between the two models.
Future of Hellcat and Redeye Models
As the automotive industry rapidly evolves, the future of Hellcat and Redeye models is becoming more exciting than ever before. Here are some future developments to look out for:
- Increasing Output: With the new 2021 Dodge models set to release soon, Hellcat and Redeye fans can expect even higher horsepower and torque output. The Challenger Hellcat is expected to produce 717 horsepower, while the Charger Hellcat Redeye will have an output of 797 horsepower.
- Electric Variants: While there have been no official announcements, rumors in the automotive world suggest that Dodge may explore electric variants for the Challenger and Charger Hellcats. This could potentially introduce a new era of high-performance electric vehicles.
- Improved Aerodynamics: To achieve better performance, Dodge is likely to introduce improved aerodynamic features in the Hellcat and Redeye models. This could result in faster speeds, quicker accelerations, and overall better handling.
In addition to these developments, there are also rumors that the Hellcat and Redeye models may have a new design in the near future. While not confirmed, this could include a revamped exterior with an aggressive, yet modern look that would appeal to both young and old muscle car enthusiasts.
Take a look at the table below for more information on the current specs of both Hellcat and Redeye models:
|Challenger Hellcat||Challenger Hellcat Redeye||Charger Hellcat Redeye|
|Torque||656 lb-ft||707 lb-ft||707 lb-ft|
|Top Speed||199 mph||203 mph||203 mph|
|0-60 mph||3.5 seconds||3.4 seconds||3.6 seconds|
The table shows that the current Hellcat and Redeye models are already high-performance vehicles, but the future developments will only make them even more powerful, faster, and efficient.
What is the difference between Hellcat and Redeye?
Q: What makes Hellcat different from Redeye?
A: While both cars are powered by a supercharged V8 engine, the Hellcat engine produces 717 horsepower while the Redeye engine boasts 797 horsepower.
Q: Is there a difference in the transmission of these two cars?
A: Yes, there is. While the Hellcat comes with either a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission, the Redeye only comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Q: Are there differences in the suspension system?
A: Yes, there is. The Redeye has a stiffer suspension system compared to the Hellcat, which gives it better handling and cornering capabilities.
Q: Is there a difference in the price of Hellcat and Redeye?
A: Yes, there is. The Redeye is more expensive than the Hellcat due to its higher horsepower and better performance features.
Q: Which car is a better choice overall?
A: That really depends on your personal preferences and driving needs. If raw power is what you’re after, then the Redeye is the better choice. However, if you want a powerful yet more affordable option, then the Hellcat is a good choice.
Thanks for reading about the difference between the Hellcat and Redeye. Both cars are incredibly powerful and offer great performance capabilities. Ultimately, it comes down to your personal preferences and driving needs when making a decision. We hope this article has been helpful in providing you with a better understanding of these two impressive muscle cars. Be sure to check back for more exciting automotive content in the future.