Do you know what’s the difference between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC? If you’re someone who frequently deals with digital documents, you’ve probably heard of them before. Adobe Acrobat has been around for over two decades, and it has evolved into one of the most popular and versatile digital document tools on the market. However, not all versions of Acrobat are created equal.
At first glance, it’s easy to assume that Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC are interchangeable. After all, they both include a range of features that allow you to create, edit, share, and sign PDF files. However, the difference lies in the level of functionality available in each version. While Acrobat DC is a standard version of the software, Acrobat Pro DC is a more advanced version that includes several powerful editing, conversion, and collaboration features.
Some of the features that are unique to Acrobat Pro DC include the ability to create fillable PDF forms, compare PDF files, and automate workflows using the built-in Action Wizard tool. Additionally, Acrobat Pro DC also includes advanced security features that allow you to password-protect your documents and control who can access them. Ultimately, the decision to choose Acrobat DC or Acrobat Pro DC will depend on your specific digital document needs.
Acrobat DC vs Acrobat Pro DC: Which Version to Choose?
When it comes to choosing between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC, it can sometimes be confusing for users who are not familiar with the differences between the two versions. While both versions offer a range of features that make them popular among users, each version is designed to meet specific user needs.
What is Acrobat DC?
- Acrobat DC is the standard version of Acrobat
- Designed for users who work mostly with PDFs on a daily basis
- Allows users to create, edit, and share PDF documents on various platforms and devices
- Offers basic features such as commenting, conversion of PDFs to other formats, and merging of multiple PDF documents
- Available through Adobe Creative Cloud
What is Acrobat Pro DC?
- Acrobat Pro DC is the professional version of Acrobat
- Designed for users who work with complex PDF documents on a regular basis
- Offers advanced features such as document comparison, creation of fillable forms, e-signature capabilities, and the ability to redact sensitive information
- Allows users to collaborate with other users in real-time on documents
- Available through Adobe Creative Cloud or as a standalone version
Which Version to Choose?
Choosing between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC ultimately depends on user needs. For those who only work with simple PDF documents, Acrobat DC will likely suffice. However, for those who require more advanced features such as document comparison or e-signature capabilities, Acrobat Pro DC is the recommended option. It is important to note that Acrobat Pro DC comes at a higher price point but may be worth it for users who require the additional features.
|Acrobat DC||Acrobat Pro DC|
|Basic features||Advanced features|
|Standard version||Professional version|
|Lower price point||Higher price point|
|Ideal for users who work mostly with simple PDF documents||Ideal for users who work with complex PDF documents on a regular basis|
Overall, when choosing between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC, users should take into account their specific needs and the features required for their PDF workflows.
Understanding the Different Features of Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe created the Acrobat software suite with a range of solutions designed for personal and business use. Acrobat DC and Pro DC are two of the most popular applications in this suite. However, many users often get confused about the differences between these two products.
Acrobat DC is a family of software applications and web services that allow users to view, manipulate, and manage PDF files. The subscription-based product offers a comprehensive range of tools that allow individuals to view, create, edit, and share PDF documents online or via desktop and mobile applications. The software also provides cloud services for document storage and workflow management.
On the other hand, Acrobat Pro DC is a more robust version of the Acrobat DC product. It includes all the features found in the Acrobat DC product but comes with additional advanced tools for editing, organizing, and signing PDF files. Some of the unique benefits of this version include the ability to create fillable forms, batch process documents, apply digital signatures, and add multimedia elements to PDFs.
- Editing PDF Documents: While both Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC allow users to edit PDF documents, the Pro version provides more advanced editing features. For example, users can add or remove pages, rearrange pages, edit text and images, add bookmarks and hyperlinks, and more. The Pro version also enables users to recognize and match fonts, correct OCR errors, and extract text and images from PDFs.
- Forms and Signatures: The Pro version includes advanced features for creating fillable forms, preparing and sending documents for signatures, and collecting comments and feedback. Users can also access advanced security features such as digital signatures, password protections, and redaction tools.
- Collaboration and Workflow: Acrobat Pro DC comes with additional collaboration and workflow tools designed to improve team productivity and document management. For example, users can use the tool to track document versions, access shared folders, and move documents across different apps and devices.
When choosing between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC, users should consider their specific needs and budget. While the basic Acrobat DC product may be sufficient for individual users, businesses and larger organizations may find the features in Acrobat Pro DC more useful for their workflow.
|Features||Acrobat DC||Acrobat Pro DC|
|View, create and edit PDF files||✓||✓|
|Sync and share documents across devices||✓||✓|
|Create fillable PDF forms||x||✓|
|Applying digital signatures||x||✓|
Ultimately, choosing between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC comes down to what users need for their particular workflows. Users can enjoy basic PDF editing features with Acrobat DC, while Acrobat Pro DC is perfect for businesses and larger organizations that require more complex document editing, form creation, and collaboration features.
Differences in User Interfaces between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC
Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC are two software applications developed by Adobe Systems. Both offer a range of functionalities related to document management, conversion, and editing, but they differ in their level of sophistication and features. One of the major differences between the two applications is their user interface. Here are some of the key differences:
- Features: Acrobat Pro DC offers a wider range of features than Acrobat DC. As a result, the interface of Acrobat Pro DC is more complex and has more options available to the user. On the other hand, Acrobat DC has a simpler interface with fewer features available, making it easier to use for those who don’t require the full functionality of Pro DC.
- Icons: The icons in Acrobat DC are larger and have more spacing in between than those in Acrobat Pro DC. This makes them easier to see and click on, especially for users with touch screen devices. Acrobat Pro DC, however, has more icons and more options in the toolbar, which can overwhelm users who are not as experienced.
- Ribbon: Acrobat Pro DC has a ribbon interface, similar to Microsoft Office products, while Acrobat DC uses a more traditional menu-bar style. The ribbon interface of Acrobat Pro DC gives users quick access to commonly used features and options, while Acrobat DC’s menu bar may require a few more clicks to find certain features but makes the interface less cluttered for new users.
Overall, users who require more features and a higher level of control over their documents may prefer Acrobat Pro DC’s more complex interface. However, those who are looking for a simpler and more straightforward interface will find Acrobat DC more user-friendly. Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on the user’s needs and preferences, as both applications offer tons of useful features to enhance document management and editing experiences.
System Requirements for Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC
When it comes to system requirements, both Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC have certain minimum requirements to run on a computer. These requirements can depend on the operating system and the version of Acrobat you are using.
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32-bit and 64-bit); macOS v10.12, v10.13, v10.14, or v10.15
- Processor: 1.5 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 4.5 GB of available hard-disk space
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768 (minimum); 1280×800 (recommended)
It is important to note that these are minimum requirements and depending on your usage, Acrobat may require more resources to function efficiently.
If you want to use some of the advanced features of Acrobat Pro DC, such as redaction, you may require a higher version of the operating system or a faster processor. Some features such as advanced e-signing and mobile app integration are only available with certain plans.
Below is a table that summarizes the system requirements for both Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC:
|System Requirements||Acrobat DC||Acrobat Pro DC|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32-bit and 64-bit); macOS v10.12, v10.13, v10.14, or v10.15||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32-bit and 64-bit); macOS v10.12, v10.13, v10.14, or v10.15|
|Processor||1.5 GHz or faster||1.5 GHz or faster|
|RAM||1 GB or more (2 GB recommended)||1 GB or more (2 GB recommended)|
|Hard Disk Space||4.5 GB of available hard-disk space||4.5 GB of available hard-disk space|
|Screen Resolution||1024×768 (minimum); 1280×800 (recommended)||1024×768 (minimum); 1280×800 (recommended)|
It is important to ensure that your computer meets these requirements before installing either Acrobat DC or Acrobat Pro DC, as inadequate system requirements can lead to a poor user experience. If in doubt, it is always recommended to contact Adobe support for assistance.
Comparing the Pricing and Licensing for Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC
When it comes to choosing between Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, one major factor to consider is the pricing and licensing options. While both versions of Adobe Acrobat offer similar features, there are differences in what is included and how much it costs.
- Price: The most significant difference between the two Adobe Acrobat products is the price. Adobe Acrobat DC is available for a monthly fee of $14.99 per user, while Adobe Acrobat Pro DC costs $179.88 per year per user or $449.00 as a one-time purchase.
- Features: Adobe Acrobat DC is a basic version of the software that offers basic PDF creation, editing, and sharing features. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC includes advanced features like redacting sensitive information, integrating with Microsoft Office, and creating interactive forms.
- Licensing: Adobe Acrobat DC is available as a monthly subscription, while Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is available as a subscription or a perpetual license. With a perpetual license, users can use the software for as long as they want without renewing the subscription each year.
It is essential to consider your specific needs when deciding which Adobe Acrobat product is right for you. If you only need basic PDF creation and editing tools and do not need the advanced features of Acrobat Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC may be the right choice. Alternatively, if you need the more advanced features of Acrobat Pro, it may be worth it to invest in the more expensive subscription or perpetual license.
It is also worth noting that other factors can affect the pricing and licensing of Adobe Acrobat products, such as the number of users and whether you are purchasing the software for personal or business use. Be sure to investigate all of your options and choose the package that best fits your needs.
|Feature||Adobe Acrobat DC||Adobe Acrobat Pro DC|
|PDF creation and editing||✅||✅|
|Interactive forms creation||❌||✅|
|Redaction of sensitive information||❌||✅|
|Microsoft Office integration||❌||✅|
|Perpetual license option||❌||✅|
In conclusion, Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC offer different pricing and licensing options that can significantly affect which software best fits your needs. It is essential to evaluate your specific features, needs, and budget when making the decision between the two products.
The Evolution of Acrobat DC to Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Acrobat DC is the latest version of the industry standard PDF creation software. It has two versions: Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC. Both versions share a lot of similarities, but there are some significant differences between them. Let’s take a closer look at how Acrobat DC evolved into Acrobat Pro DC.
- Acrobat DC Standard: The first version of Acrobat DC was released in 2015. It was known as Acrobat DC Standard. This version was aimed at individual users and small businesses who needed to create, edit, and share PDF files. It provided basic features such as creating PDF files from scanned documents and converting Microsoft Word and Excel files to PDFs.
- Acrobat DC Pro: The next version of Acrobat DC was Acrobat DC Pro. It was released in the same year as Acrobat DC Standard. Acrobat DC Pro was targeted towards professionals and businesses that required advanced PDF editing and collaboration features. This version introduced a number of features such as creating fillable forms, adding digital signatures, and redacting sensitive information from documents.
- Acrobat Pro DC: The most recent version of Adobe Acrobat is the Acrobat Pro DC. It is the most comprehensive version of Adobe Acrobat and it includes all the features of both Acrobat DC Standard and Acrobat DC Pro. In addition, it offers new features such as the ability to edit PDFs on mobile devices, integration with cloud storage services, and advanced collaboration tools which allow users to collaboratively edit documents in real-time.
Overall, the evolution of Acrobat DC has brought many new features and capabilities to Adobe Acrobat. Today, users have access to a range of features that are designed to make their work easier and more efficient. Whether you’re a small business owner, freelancer, or a large corporation, Acrobat Pro DC has something to offer.
If you are still unsure which version will fit your needs, check out the table below for a more detailed comparison between Acrobat DC Standard, Acrobat DC Pro, and Acrobat Pro DC.
|Features||Acrobat DC Standard||Acrobat DC Pro||Acrobat Pro DC|
|Create PDF files||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Convert Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files to PDFs||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create fillable forms||No||Yes||Yes|
|Add digital signatures||No||Yes||Yes|
|Redact sensitive information from documents||No||Yes||Yes|
|Edit PDFs on mobile devices||No||No||Yes|
|Integration with cloud storage services||No||No||Yes|
|Collaborative editing tools||No||No||Yes|
As you can see, Acrobat Pro DC offers the most comprehensive set of features and is suited for professionals and businesses who need advanced PDF editing features and collaborative tools. On the other hand, Acrobat DC Standard is ideal for small businesses and individual users who only require basic PDF creation and conversion capabilities. Acrobat DC Pro falls somewhere in the middle, offering some advanced features without the full range of collaborative tools offered by Acrobat Pro DC.
Common Problems and Errors in Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC are both popular tools for creating, editing, and managing PDF files. However, despite their similarities, there are some key differences between the two versions that can result in unique problems and errors.
1. Compatibility Issues
- One common problem users reported is files created in Acrobat Pro DC not opening properly in Acrobat DC.
- Another issue can arise with older versions of Acrobat, where files created in newer versions may not display correctly.
2. Installation Problems
- Users sometimes run into issues during installation, such as the program freezing or not opening at all.
- Some users might also encounter issues with the licensing, such as receiving activation errors during installation.
3. PDF Navigation Issues
In Acrobat DC, users report encountering navigation issues, where they are unable to scroll or move around in the document easily. In contrast, Acrobat Pro DC allows users to navigate effortlessly through large documents.
4. Editing and Saving Limitations
Users may encounter editing and saving limitations in Acrobat DC, particularly when it comes to saving larger or more complex documents, which can lead to errors and crashes. Acrobat Pro DC does not have this limitation, allowing users to edit and save PDFs without issue.
5. Compatibility with Third-Party Applications
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is compatible with most third-party applications, while Acrobat DC may encounter issues when attempting to open or edit a PDF in a non-Adobe application.
6. Collaboration Issues
Acrobat DC comes with collaboration features, but users may encounter issues with sharing documents. Some users report that files shared through Acrobat DC may not open or display correctly in other applications, leading to confusion and difficulties in managing documents.
7. Print Quality Issues
|PDF prints too light or faded||Ensure the “Print as Image” option is selected in the print settings.|
|PDF prints too dark or bold||Adjust the printer’s print density settings to a lower setting.|
|PDF prints skewed or off-center||Check that the printer paper size matches the PDF document size, and adjust as necessary.|
Printing quality issues are not uncommon in Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC. However, these problems can be resolved by making adjustments to the print settings appropriately.
What is the Difference Between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC?
Q: What is Acrobat DC?
Acrobat DC is a software developed by Adobe that allows users to create, edit, and view PDF (portable document format) files. It is available as a subscription service and can be used on desktop and mobile devices.
Q: What is Acrobat Pro DC?
Acrobat Pro DC is a more advanced version of Acrobat DC that includes additional features such as creating and editing forms, integrating with other systems, and password protection. It is also available as a subscription service and can be used on desktop and mobile devices.
Q: What are the main differences between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC?
The main differences between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC are the additional features that come with Acrobat Pro DC, such as creating and editing forms, integrating with other systems, password protection, and more advanced tools for creating and modifying PDF files.
Q: Which version of Acrobat should I choose?
It depends on your needs. If you only need to create, edit, and view PDF files, Acrobat DC should be sufficient. However, if you require advanced features such as creating and editing forms or password protection, you may want to consider Acrobat Pro DC.
Q: Can I upgrade from Acrobat DC to Acrobat Pro DC?
Yes, you can upgrade from Acrobat DC to Acrobat Pro DC at any time by subscribing to the Acrobat Pro DC service. This will give you access to additional features and tools for creating, editing, and protecting PDF files.
Thanks for Reading!
We hope this article has helped to clarify the differences between Acrobat DC and Acrobat Pro DC. Remember, if you need more advanced features for creating and editing PDF files, Acrobat Pro DC may be the better option. Thanks for visiting, and be sure to come back for more helpful articles in the future!