Gamers rejoice, because the GTX 1650 graphics card is making waves in the world of gaming laptops. If you’re curious as to whether this latest offering is worth its weight in gold, let me tell you – you won’t be disappointed. With its cutting-edge technology and impressive graphics capabilities, the GTX 1650 is certainly a game-changer.
But let’s be real – no matter how impressive a graphics card sounds on paper, the only thing that matters is how it performs in real life. And the good news is, the GTX 1650 doesn’t disappoint. Whether you’re an avid gamer or just a casual player, this graphics card is perfect for taking your gaming experience to the next level.
So if you’re in the market for a new gaming laptop, trust me when I say that the GTX 1650 is a solid choice. With its impressive performance and reasonable price point, it’s hard to go wrong with this graphics card. So why wait? Take your gaming experience to the next level with the GTX 1650!
Specifications of the GTX 1650
The GTX 1650 is a graphics card made by Nvidia and is designed for gaming laptops. It was released in April 2019 and has become one of the most popular graphics cards in the market due to its price range and specifications.
- GPU Architecture: Turing
- CUDA Cores: 896
- Base Clock Speed: 1485 MHz
- Boost Clock Speed: 1665 MHz
- VRAM: 4GB GDDR5
- Memory Interface Width: 128-bit
- Memory Speed: 8 Gbps
- TDP: 75 Watts
- Recommended Power Supply: 300 Watts
The GTX 1650 is built upon NVIDIA’s advanced Turing architecture which offers improved performance and power efficiency. It has 896 CUDA cores and a base clock speed of 1485 MHz which can boost up to 1665 MHz. With 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM, it can handle most games at 1080p resolution with ease. The 128-bit memory interface and 8 Gbps memory speed combine for a maximum bandwidth of 128 GB/s.
This graphics card has a TDP of only 75 watts, which makes it an ideal choice for laptops that have limited power supply. It can run on a recommended power supply of 300 watts or higher, which is common for most gaming laptops.
|Core Clock Speed||1485 MHz|
|Boost Clock Speed||1665 MHz|
|Memory Interface Width||128-bit|
|Memory Speed||8 Gbps|
|Recommended Power Supply||300 Watts|
In conclusion, the GTX 1650 is a great choice for gamers who want a graphics card that can deliver high-quality graphics at an affordable price. With its advanced Turing architecture, 896 CUDA cores, 4GB GDDR5 VRAM and 128-bit memory interface width, this card can handle most modern games with ease. Its low power consumption and recommended power supply of 300 watts make it an ideal choice for gaming laptops and desktops with limited power supply.
Comparison of the GTX 1650 with other GPUs in the same price range
When it comes to gaming laptops in the mid-range price bracket, the GTX 1650 is one of the most popular GPUs around. But is it really worth investing in? Let’s take a look at how it stacks up against some of the other GPUs in the same price range.
- GTX 1050 Ti: The GTX 1050 Ti is the older model of the GTX 1650. It has slightly lower performance and is not as power-efficient. Overall, the GTX 1650 is a significant upgrade from the GTX 1050 Ti.
- GTX 1660 Ti: The GTX 1660 Ti is more expensive than the GTX 1650 but also offers a significant performance boost. If you’re willing to spend a little more, the GTX 1660 Ti is definitely worth considering.
- RX 5500M: The RX 5500M is one of the closest competitors to the GTX 1650. It offers similar performance in many games, although NVIDIA GPUs typically perform better in games that use NVIDIA-specific features.
Overall, the GTX 1650 is a good choice for anyone looking for a mid-range gaming laptop that can handle most modern games at respectable frame rates.
For a more detailed breakdown of how the GTX 1650 compares to other GPUs in the same price bracket, take a look at the table below.
|GPU||Base Clock Speed||Boost Clock Speed||Video Memory||TDP||Price|
|GTX 1650||1485 MHz||1665 MHz||4 GB GDDR5||50W||$150-$220|
|GTX 1050 Ti||1290 MHz||1392 MHz||4 GB GDDR5||75W||$130-$190|
|GTX 1660 Ti||1500 MHz||1770 MHz||6 GB GDDR6||80W||$280-$320|
|RX 5500M||1181 MHz||1645 MHz||4 GB/8 GB GDDR6||85W||$200-$250|
As you can see, the GTX 1650 falls somewhere in the middle when it comes to clock speeds, video memory, and power consumption. The most significant advantage of the GTX 1650 is its price point, which is lower than most of the other GPUs in this comparison.
Gaming performance of laptops using the GTX 1650
If you’re in search of a budget gaming laptop, the GTX 1650 is a popular graphics card choice. It’s a mid-range graphics card that is capable of handling most games at 1080p resolution with decent frame rates. Here’s what you can expect from the gaming performance of laptops using the GTX 1650.
- Frame Rates: Laptops powered by the GTX 1650 can deliver frame rates ranging from 30-60fps depending on the game and graphics settings. You can expect higher frame rates in less demanding games like Fortnite and Rocket League while more graphically intense games like Battlefield V and Shadow of the Tomb Raider will run at lower frame rates.
- Settings: Most games will run at medium to high settings with the GTX 1650, but you may need to tweak some settings in order to achieve optimal performance. You may also need to adjust the resolution to 720p to get better frame rates in more demanding titles.
- VR Performance: The GTX 1650 is not designed for VR gaming, but some users have reported that it can run some VR games with decent performance.
While the GTX 1650 won’t give you the best gaming performance compared to more high-end graphics cards, it’s still a great option if you’re on a tight budget. In addition, laptops using the GTX 1650 are typically more affordable than those with more powerful graphics cards, which makes them a popular choice for entry-level gamers.
If you’re interested in seeing how specific games perform on laptops with the GTX 1650, check out the table below for an idea of what to expect.
Overall, laptops using the GTX 1650 are great for entry-level gamers who are in search of a budget-friendly option. While it may not offer the highest performance, it’s capable of handling most games at 1080p with decent frame rates and can provide a great gaming experience for those who are operating on a tight budget.
Power consumption and heat generation of GTX 1650 laptops
One important consideration when choosing a gaming laptop with the GTX 1650 is its power consumption and heat generation. This graphics card is known for being relatively power-efficient compared to other high-end models, but it still requires a decent amount of power to run smoothly.
- Power consumption:
- Heat generation:
The GTX 1650 has a TDP (thermal design power) of 75 watts, which means it consumes roughly 75 watts of power at maximum load. This is relatively low compared to other graphics cards, such as the RTX 2080 Ti with a TDP of 250 watts. However, it’s still important to consider this when selecting a laptop, as the battery life and overall performance can be affected by power consumption.
The GTX 1650 is also known for generating relatively low levels of heat compared to other GPUs. This is partly due to its low power consumption, but also because it’s a relatively small and compact graphics card. However, this doesn’t mean that heat isn’t a concern. When running at full load, the GTX 1650 can still generate a decent amount of heat, which can affect the stability and lifespan of the laptop if not properly managed.
Manufacturers of gaming laptops with the GTX 1650 often use different cooling solutions to manage heat generation. This can range from basic air cooling to more advanced liquid cooling systems. It’s important to consider the cooling system when selecting a gaming laptop to ensure that it can handle the demands of gaming with the GTX 1650.
Below is a table comparing the power consumption and heat generation of the GTX 1650 to other popular graphics cards:
|Graphics Card||TDP||Max Temperature|
|GTX 1660 Ti||120W||89°C|
Looking at the table, we can see that the GTX 1650 has a low TDP and peak temperature compared to other graphics cards. This makes it an attractive option for those who want a relatively powerful GPU without sacrificing battery life or dealing with excessive heat generation.
Overclocking potential of the GTX 1650
For gamers who are seeking an affordable option for gaming laptops, the GTX 1650 has proven to be a great choice. However, if you’re looking to push the performance even further, overclocking can be an option. Overclocking is a process where you increase the clock speed and voltage of the graphics card to get more performance out of it.
- Before you start overclocking, make sure you have a good cooling system. Overclocking can cause heat build-up, and laptops are not the best at dispersing heat, so make sure you have good ventilation or a cooling pad.
- Overclocking can also void your warranty, so be aware of that before you start. However, most manufacturers will allow you to overclock to some extent without voiding the warranty.
- It’s important to note that not all GTX 1650s have the same overclocking potential. Some models will be able to achieve higher clock speeds than others based on their design and cooling capabilities. However, you can use software like MSI Afterburner to help you find the limits of your specific card.
In general, you can expect your GTX 1650 to have an overclocking potential of around 10-15%. This can give you a noticeable increase in gaming performance, especially in games that are more GPU-intensive.
Here is a table showing the stock clock speeds of some GTX 1650 laptop models and their potential overclocking range:
|Laptop Model||Stock Clock Speed||Overclocking Range|
|Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT||1395 MHz||140-175 MHz|
|Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54||1395 MHz||100-150 MHz|
|Dell G3 15 3590||1395 MHz||100-125 MHz|
As you can see, the overclocking range can vary depending on the laptop model. However, even a modest increase in clock speed can give you a boost in performance without putting too much strain on your system.
Availability of gaming laptops with the GTX 1650
If you are looking for a gaming laptop that can deliver smooth gameplay without breaking the bank, then the GTX 1650 might be an excellent option to consider. This graphics card is relatively new and has been designed to offer a budget-friendly solution to gamers who want to upgrade their laptops’ graphics capabilities without having to spend too much.
One significant advantage of the GTX 1650 is that it is widely available in many gaming laptop brands. As of writing, top brands such as ASUS, HP, Lenovo, Acer, MSI, and Dell offer gaming laptops with the GTX 1650 graphics card. This means that interested buyers have a range of options to choose from, not only in terms of brand but also in terms of the configuration that will suit their gaming needs and budget.
Pros and cons of gaming laptops with the GTX 1650
- Provides significant upgrade in graphics performance compared to most integrated graphics cards in laptops.
- Budget-friendly, making it a reasonable option for gamers who want to upgrade their laptops without spending too much.
- Compatible with most gaming titles available in the market today.
- Widely available in many top gaming laptop brands.
- May not deliver the highest graphics settings for the latest AAA titles in the market today.
- May have a lower performance compared to more advanced graphics cards such as the GTX 1660 or the RTX series.
- May not be sufficient for users who want to use their gaming laptop for content creation or professional use.
Factors to consider before buying a gaming laptop with GTX 1650
Before you buy a gaming laptop with the GTX 1650, several factors need to be considered to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your investment. These factors include:
- The overall performance of the laptop, including its processor, memory, and storage capacity.
- The display quality, including resolution, refresh rate, and overall color accuracy.
- The thermal design and ventilation to ensure that your laptop stays cool, even during prolonged gaming sessions.
- The keyboard and touchpad quality, including its responsiveness and comfort when in use.
- The overall build quality and design of the laptop, including its weight, form factor, and overall durability.
Popular gaming laptops with GTX 1650
Here’s a list of the popular gaming laptops that feature GTX 1650 graphics processors:
|Brand||Laptop Model||Processor||Memory Size||Display||Storage Type||Price Range|
|ASUS||ROG Strix G||Intel Core i5-i7||8-16 GB||15.6-inch FHD IPS||512 GB PCIe SSD||$900-$1200|
|HP||OMEN 15||Intel Core i5-i7||8-16 GB||15.6-inch FHD IPS||512 GB PCIe SSD||$950-$1300|
|Lenovo||Ideapad L340 Gaming||Intel Core i5-i7||8-16 GB||15.6-inch FHD IPS||512 GB PCIe SSD||$800-$1100|
|Acer||Nitro 5 AN515-54-51M5||Intel Core i5-i7||8-16 GB||15.6-inch FHD IPS||512 GB PCIe SSD||$850-$1100|
While this list is not exhaustive, it provides an overview of the different brands and models that offer GTX 1650 graphics cards in gaming laptops. It’s important to note that the prices may vary depending on the configuration and availability in your region, so it’s essential to keep an eye on the latest deals and promotions available.
Price range of laptops with the GTX 1650
If you’re on the market for a gaming laptop with a GTX 1650 graphics card, it’s important to set a budget to make sure you get the best value for your money. Here’s a breakdown of the average price range for a laptop with the GTX 1650.
- Under $700: In this price range, you can find laptops with the GTX 1650, but they may not be the best quality. These laptops may have lower-end CPUs and less RAM, which can affect gaming performance. They may also not have great displays or battery life.
- $700-$1000: This price range is the sweet spot for GTX 1650 gaming laptops. You can find models with better CPUs, more RAM, and better displays. Battery life may also be better in this range.
- Above $1000: If you have a higher budget, you can find more premium gaming laptops with a GTX 1650. These laptops may have better graphics cards, such as the GTX 1660 Ti or the RTX 2060, which can handle more demanding games. They may also have more storage and higher quality displays.
It’s important to note that prices can vary based on the specific model and brand of the laptop, as well as any sales or discounts being offered. It’s always a good idea to compare different options before making a purchase.
For a more detailed breakdown of the price range of GTX 1650 gaming laptops, see the table below:
|Price Range||Average Specs|
|Under $700||GTX 1650, Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 CPU, 8GB RAM, 1080p display|
|$700-$1000||GTX 1650, Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 16GB RAM, 1080p or 1440p display, better battery life|
|Above $1000||GTX 1650, GTX 1660 Ti, or RTX 2060, Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 16GB RAM, 1080p or 1440p display, larger storage, premium build quality|
Keep in mind that while the GTX 1650 is a capable graphics card, it may not be able to run the most demanding games at the highest settings. If you’re a serious gamer looking for the best performance, you may want to consider a laptop with a more powerful graphics card.
User Reviews of GTX 1650 Gaming Laptops
The GTX 1650 has received mixed reviews as a graphics card for gaming laptops. Some users find it to be an excellent choice for entry-level gaming, while others find it underwhelming and lacking in performance compared to more powerful options. Here are some user reviews of GTX 1650 gaming laptops:
- One user on Reddit reported that their gaming laptop with a GTX 1650 was able to run games like League of Legends and CS:GO smoothly at high settings. However, they noted that more demanding games like Battlefield V struggled to reach a playable framerate.
- Another user on the same thread noted that their laptop with a GTX 1650 was able to run games like The Witcher 3 and GTA V at 60fps on medium settings, but had trouble with more graphically intensive games like Metro Exodus and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- A user on Amazon praised their GTX 1650 laptop for its fast performance and excellent display. They noted that they were able to play games like Rainbow Six Siege and Destiny 2 on high settings without any issues.
It’s important to note that the performance of a GTX 1650 laptop can vary depending on the specific configuration and other factors like cooling and power management. Some users have reported experiencing thermal throttling or poor battery life with their GTX 1650 laptops. Overall, the GTX 1650 can be a good choice for entry-level gamers or those on a budget, but more serious gamers may want to look for a laptop with a more powerful graphics card.
For a better understanding of the benchmarks of GTX 1650 gaming laptops, check out the table below, which shows the average framerate for popular games on a few different models of GTX 1650 laptops:
|Laptop Model||Game||Average Framerate|
|ASUS TUF Gaming FX505||Apex Legends||54 fps|
|Lenovo Legion Y540||Fortnite||80 fps|
|MSI GF63 Thin||Overwatch||75 fps|
|Dell G3 Gaming Laptop||PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds||47 fps|
As you can see from the table, the GTX 1650 can handle most popular games at playable framerates, but may struggle with more demanding titles. It’s important to consider your specific gaming needs and budget when choosing a laptop with a GTX 1650.
Compatibility of GTX 1650 with different game genres
When looking for a gaming laptop, it’s important to consider the type of games you plan on playing. The GTX 1650 is a fairly powerful graphics card, but its performance may vary depending on the game genre.
- Action and Adventure Games: The GTX 1650 performs incredibly well in action and adventure games such as Assassin’s Creed, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Red Dead Redemption 2. These games require high frame rates and advanced graphics, which the GTX 1650 can comfortably handle.
- Sports Games: Sports games like FIFA, NBA 2K, and Madden NFL don’t typically require as much graphics power as other game genres. The GTX 1650 can handle these games with ease and will deliver smooth gameplay and high graphics settings.
- Strategy Games: Strategy games such as Civilization VI and Total War require a bit more graphics power than sports games. The GTX 1650 is capable of running these games on medium to high graphics settings, although you may need to adjust some settings in the game to achieve optimal performance.
- MOBA Games: MOBA games like League of Legends and Dota 2 don’t typically require high-end graphics cards. The GTX 1650 is more than capable of running these games on high graphics settings with smooth frame rates.
- First-person Shooter Games: First-person shooter (FPS) games like Call of Duty and Battlefield require a lot of graphics power to run smoothly. While the GTX 1650 can handle these games, you may need to lower some graphics settings to achieve high frame rates.
- MMORPG Games: Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) like World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV require less graphics power than FPS games but more than sports games. The GTX 1650 can run these games smoothly on medium to high graphics settings.
- Survival and Horror Games: Survival and horror games like Resident Evil and The Forest require a lot of graphics power to create a truly immersive experience. The GTX 1650 can handle these games on medium to high graphics settings, although you may need to adjust some settings to achieve optimal performance.
- Racing Games: Racing games such as Forza Horizon 4 and Dirt Rally 2.0 require high graphics settings to create a realistic experience. The GTX 1650 can handle these games on high graphics settings with smooth frame rates.
- Indie Games: Indie games don’t typically require high-end graphics cards. The GTX 1650 can run these games smoothly on high graphics settings.
Of course, the performance of the GTX 1650 may vary depending on the specific game and the laptop’s other components. Still, in general, the GTX 1650 is a great graphics card for a gaming laptop with the ability to handle a wide variety of game genres with ease.
Future-proofing potential of GTX 1650 for upcoming games.
For gamers looking for a budget graphics card that can deliver excellent gaming performance, the GTX 1650 is definitely worth considering. This affordable graphics card is designed primarily for casual gamers who want to play games at 1080p resolution and 60FPS. However, one of the things that make the GTX 1650 stand out is its future-proofing potential. Here are some reasons why the GTX 1650 is a good investment for upcoming games.
- Small Form Factor: One of the main advantages of the GTX 1650 is its small form factor. This compact graphics card is perfect for gaming laptops and small form factor computers. With a TDP of just 75 watts, the GTX 1650 is also power efficient, making it ideal for laptops with limited cooling capabilities.
- Excellent Performance for the Price: Despite being an entry-level graphics card, the GTX 1650 can still handle most modern games at 1080p resolution and 60FPS. It offers superior performance compared to other graphics cards in its price range.
- Ray Tracing Support: Another reason why the GTX 1650 is future-proof is that it supports real-time ray tracing technology. Ray tracing is a rendering technique that can produce more realistic lighting and shadows in games. More games are expected to incorporate this technology in the future, and the GTX 1650 is ready for it.
In addition to these advantages, the GTX 1650 also has an ample amount of VRAM for a budget graphics card. It comes with 4GB of GDDR5 memory, which should be enough for most games at 1080p resolution. However, for more demanding games, you may need to lower the graphics settings to achieve smooth frame rates.
For those who are wondering about the minimum system requirements for the upcoming games, take a look at the table below for some of the most anticipated games of 2021 and 2022. The table shows the recommended system requirements for these games, and it’s clear that the GTX 1650 is capable of running most of these games at playable frame rates.
|Game Title||Recommended System Requirements|
|Cyberpunk 2077||Intel Core i7-4790 / AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon R9 Fury
|Battlefield 2042||Intel Core i7 4790 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 390
|Far Cry 6||Intel Core i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD RX Vega 64
Overall, the GTX 1650 is an excellent graphics card for budget gamers who want to enjoy gaming at 1080p resolution. It offers excellent performance for the price and has future-proofing potential with its support for real-time ray tracing technology. While it may struggle with more demanding games in the future, it is still a good investment considering its small form factor and power efficiency.
Well, there you have it. The GTX 1650 may not be the most powerful graphics card out there, but it can certainly handle most modern games on medium to high settings. It’s a great option for gamers who are looking for a budget-friendly laptop that can still deliver a decent gaming experience. Thanks for reading this article, and be sure to visit us again for more tech-related insights and product reviews. Until then, happy gaming!