CFI, a trucking company that operates across North America, has been a top choice for many truck drivers for decades. Whether you’re a seasoned driver or just starting out, CFI is a good company to drive for. If you’re looking for a reliable and stable employer, CFI is worth considering. With a fleet of modern and well-maintained trucks, competitive pay, and an emphasis on driver safety, it’s no wonder that CFI has such a loyal following.
One of the most appealing aspects of driving for CFI is the opportunity to see new parts of the country while working. The company covers a wide range of routes, so you’re sure to find something that suits your preferences and experience level. Whether you’re interested in regional or over-the-road driving, CFI has plenty of options. Not to mention, with their focus on training and development, you’ll have the chance to expand your skills and knowledge as a driver.
If you’re on the fence about whether or not CFI is a good fit for you, it’s worth checking out what current and former employees have to say. Online reviews and forums can offer valuable insights into the company culture and working conditions. From what we’ve seen, overall satisfaction seems to be high, with many drivers praising the company’s dedication to safety and professionalism. Of course, individual experiences may vary, but if you’re looking for a reputable and successful trucking company, CFI is definitely worth considering as your next employer.
Company Overview of CFI
CFI, also known as Contract Freighters Inc., is a leading trucking company based in Joplin, Missouri. It was founded in 1951 by Gene and Norma England with a single truck and has since grown to become a highly respected industry leader. CFI operates throughout the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico, specializing in dry-van truckload transportation, logistics, and warehousing services.
The company offers a range of employment opportunities, including company driver, owner-operator, and lease purchase options. CFI has a reputation for genuinely valuing its employees and providing them with competitive compensation and benefits, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth and development.
- The company operates a fleet of over 2,400 tractors and 8,000 trailers.
- CFI has a strong safety record, and in 2020, the company was recognized as a National Safety Award recipient by the American Trucking Association
- CFI is committed to sustainability, and has implemented several initiatives to reduce environmental impact, such as using compressed natural gas (CNG) tractors.
Overall, CFI is a well-respected trucking company that offers a range of attractive employment opportunities and prioritizes the safety and well-being of its employees. With its strong reputation and commitment to sustainability, CFI is a compelling choice for both experienced drivers and those just starting in the industry.
The History of CFI
CFI, or Contract Freighters, Inc., was founded in Joplin, Missouri in 1951. The company was started with just one truck and one driver, but it quickly grew to become a major player in the transportation industry. CFI was acquired by TransForce in 2007 and merged with Con-way Truckload in 2016 to become a part of XPO Logistics.
- CFI operates over 2,500 tractors and over 8,000 trailers
- The company serves customers throughout the United States as well as in Mexico and Canada
- CFI offers a variety of services, including temperature-controlled transportation, flatbed, and dry van
CFI prides itself on its commitment to safety and customer service. The company has been recognized for its safety record, receiving numerous awards and accolades over the years. CFI also places a strong emphasis on driver satisfaction, offering competitive pay and benefits packages along with opportunities for career advancement.
As a company, CFI is dedicated to giving back to the community. The company supports a number of charitable organizations, including the American Cancer Society, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and the Joplin Humane Society.
Technology and Equipment
CFI utilizes state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure the safety and efficiency of its operations. All trucks are equipped with electronic logging devices (ELDs) and cameras to monitor driver behavior. The company also uses advanced routing and tracking systems to optimize delivery times and reduce fuel consumption.
|Equipment Type||Number of Units|
CFI is committed to maintaining a modern and well-maintained fleet to ensure the safety of its drivers and the timely delivery of customer goods.
Available Driving Positions with CFI
If you’re considering becoming a driver for CFI, you’ll be glad to know that the company offers a variety of driving positions. Based on your experience level and preference, you can choose from their available positions to find the one that best suits your needs.
- Company Driver: As a company driver for CFI, you’ll be working as part of a team, transporting goods across different regions in the US. You’ll be compensated based on the number of miles traveled, and you’ll enjoy a steady paycheck on a weekly basis.
- Owner Operator: If you’re looking to become your own boss, the owner-operator position might be perfect for you. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing your own business, purchasing and maintaining your own truck, and booking your own loads. This position offers flexible schedules and the ability to earn more money by choosing high-paying jobs.
- Team Driver: As a team driver for CFI, you’ll work with a partner to transport goods across the US. This position is perfect for those who enjoy teamwork and the ability to split driving time with a companion. Team drivers also enjoy higher pay rates and the opportunity to earn bonuses.
Benefits of driving for CFI
In addition to providing a range of driving positions, CFI also offers some attractive benefits for their drivers. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive pay package that rewards experience and safety
- A generous sign-on bonus for new drivers
- A full benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation time and sick leave
- A commitment to a healthy work-life balance
- The opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic company with a strong focus on driver satisfaction and safety
|Driving Position||Responsibilities||Pay Structure|
|Company Driver||Transport goods across different regions in the US||Pay based on number of miles traveled|
|Owner Operator||Manage your own business, purchase and maintain your own truck, and book your own loads||Flexible schedules and the ability to earn more money by choosing high-paying jobs|
|Team Driver||Work with a partner to transport goods across the US||Higher pay rates and the opportunity to earn bonuses|
Whether you’re a seasoned driver looking for a new opportunity or a first-time driver hoping to break into the industry, CFI has a position that can suit your needs. With a wide range of driving positions available, competitive pay rates, and attractive benefits, it’s no wonder why so many drivers choose to drive for CFI.
CFI Pay Scale and Benefits
CFI (Contract Freighters, Inc.) is a Missouri-based trucking company that has been in the business for over 60 years. It is known for its focus on safety and excellent health benefits for its drivers. However, any experienced trucker will tell you that the pay is the most important factor when choosing a trucking company.
CFI offers its drivers a competitive pay scale that tops most of its competitors in the industry. The company pays its drivers based on their level of experience and the type of cargo they haul. The pay scale ranges from 31 cents per mile for entry-level drivers to 45 cents per mile for experienced drivers hauling temperature-controlled cargo. Here is a breakdown of the pay scale for CFI drivers:
- Entry-Level Drivers: starting at 31 cents per mile
- Experienced Drivers: up to 41 cents per mile
- Experienced Refrigerated Drivers: up to 45 cents per mile
- Team Drivers: up to 58 cents per mile
Aside from its competitive pay scale, CFI also offers its drivers several benefits. These benefits include 401k retirement plans, health, vision and dental insurance, and paid vacation time. CFI also has a safety bonus program as an incentive for drivers who maintain a clean safety record while on the road. With these benefits, CFI is one of the most attractive companies for professional drivers in the trucking industry.
It’s worth noting that CFI has a reputation for being selective about whom they hire. The company requires its drivers to have a minimum of three months of driving experience with no major violations on their driving record. So, if you’re a safe and reliable driver, CFI may be the perfect fit for you.
|Position||Rate per mile|
|Company Driver||Up to 45 cents per mile|
|Refrigerated Driver||Up to 45 cents per mile|
|Regional Driver||Up to 52 cents per mile|
|Team Driver||Up to 58 cents per mile|
In summary, CFI is an excellent trucking company to work for, especially for experienced drivers who are looking for a competitive pay scale and excellent benefits. If you meet the minimum requirements and standards, working with CFI will be a great way to build your career and earn a good living as a truck driver.
CFI Equipment and Maintenance Standards
CFI, or Contract Freighters Inc, prides itself on maintaining high equipment and maintenance standards for their fleet of trucks. As a company that relies on the road to transport goods, CFI understands the importance of having safe and well-maintained vehicles. Here are some of the ways CFI ensures their equipment and maintenance standards are up to par:
- CFI requires all of their trucks to be less than 3 years old. This ensures that their trucks are equipped with the latest safety and environmental features. In addition, newer trucks tend to be more fuel-efficient, which can save the company and the driver money on fuel costs.
- Before a truck goes out on the road, it undergoes a thorough 70-point inspection. This ensures that the truck is in good working condition and any potential issues are addressed before the driver gets behind the wheel.
- CFI trucks are equipped with state-of-the-art safety features, such as lane departure warning systems, collision mitigation systems, and electronic stability control. These features help prevent accidents and keep drivers safe on the road.
CFI takes maintenance seriously and has a team of mechanics who ensure that their trucks are in top condition. These mechanics are highly trained and experienced, and are equipped with the latest tools and technology to diagnose and repair any issues that may arise.
CFI’s commitment to equipment and maintenance standards is reflected in their safety record. In 2020, they were awarded the Truckload Carriers Association National Fleet Safety Award, which recognizes companies with the lowest accident frequency rate and the best safety practices.
|CFI Equipment and Maintenance Standards||Details|
|Age of trucks||Less than 3 years old|
|Pre-trip inspection||70-point inspection|
|Safety features||Lane departure warning systems, collision mitigation systems, electronic stability control|
|Team of mechanics||Highly trained and experienced|
|Safety record||2020 Truckload Carriers Association National Fleet Safety Award winner|
CFI’s equipment and maintenance standards are a testament to their commitment to safety and ensuring that drivers have the tools they need to transport goods efficiently and safely. As a driver for CFI, you can rest assured that you will be driving a well-maintained truck equipped with the latest safety features.
CFI Safety Standards and Track Record
If you’re considering a career as a truck driver, one of the most important factors to consider is the safety of the carrier you choose to work for. One such company that has built a reputation for its safety standards is CFI, a global provider of transportation and logistics solutions. Let’s take a closer look at the safety standards and track record of CFI.
- CFI boasts one of the highest safety ratings in the industry, with a DOT rating of “satisfactory” and a CSA (Compliance, Safety, and Accountability) score that is well below the industry average.
- As part of its commitment to safety, CFI utilizes a number of technologies, such as electronic stability control, collision avoidance systems, and lane departure warning systems.
- CFI’s safety program includes regular driver training, defensive driving courses, and a wellness program aimed at ensuring drivers are fit to operate a vehicle.
CFI’s safety track record is equally impressive. In 2020, the company received the American Trucking Associations’ President’s Trophy, an award that recognizes motor carrier safety excellence. Additionally, CFI has been named a National Transportation Institute Top Pay Carrier and a Military Friendly Employer.
CFI’s safety practices have not gone unnoticed by its customers, either. The company has won numerous awards for its excellence in customer service, including the Carrier of the Year Award from Unilever and the Carrier of the Year Award from Tyson Foods.
|Year||Accident Rate||DOT Recordable Accidents||Citations and Fines|
As evidenced by its impressive safety ratings, awards, and track record, CFI is a great company to drive for if safety is your primary concern. From advanced safety technologies to ongoing driver training, CFI prioritizes the safety of its drivers and the public on the roads.
CFI Training and Development Programs for Drivers
CFI, also known as Contract Freighters, Inc. is a reputable trucking company that has been operating for over 65 years. With such a long-standing in the industry, it is evident that CFI has established itself as a trustworthy and reliable company that provides excellent opportunities for individuals looking to start a career in truck driving. CFI recognizes the importance of providing quality training to its drivers and has developed several training and development programs to achieve this goal.
- Company Sponsored CDL Training: CFI provides an in-house training program to its employees at no cost, which helps drivers acquire their commercial driver’s license or CDL. This training program covers all the essential aspects of the profession, including safety regulations, load securement, and Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance. The company also covers the cost of CDL permit and license fees and provides weekly pay during the training program.
- Continuing Education: CFI provides ongoing training and development opportunities to its drivers to improve their skills and knowledge. These programs include online training, classroom sessions, and on-road coaching to reinforce best driving practices and ensure driver safety. CFI believes that its drivers are its greatest asset and invests time and resources in their continued growth as professionals.
- Leadership Development: CFI focuses on developing its drivers’ leadership skills to ensure that they can provide efficient and effective services to customers. The company provides various leadership training programs that equip drivers with management and decision-making skills, allowing them to handle challenging situations with ease. These programs help the drivers to build their confidence, enhance communication skills, and develop problem-solving abilities.
CFI’s comprehensive training program, along with their ongoing education and leadership development opportunities, has earned them a position as one of the top trucking companies to work for in the industry. Their focus on training and development enables them to attract superior drivers who are committed to providing exceptional service to their customers.
CFI’s training programs have played a significant role in the company’s success. The company’s focus on safety regulations, customer service, and driver development has enabled it to establish itself as a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. CFI’s experienced and well-trained drivers have helped the company maintain an excellent safety record and deliver reliable services to its customers.
In conclusion, CFI is a great company for people who want to start a career in the trucking industry or for experienced drivers who seek career development opportunities. With its comprehensive training programs, ongoing education, and leadership development opportunities, CFI provides its drivers with all the tools they need to achieve their career goals, while maintaining the highest safety standards and exceptional customer service.
|Company Sponsored CDL training||No cost in-house training program|
|Continuing Education||Online training, classroom sessions, on-road coaching|
|Leadership Development||Training programs to develop management and decision-making skills|
Overall, CFI’s training and development programs are aimed at ensuring that their drivers have the tools and knowledge they require to provide safe and efficient services. The company recognizes the value of its drivers and strives to create a positive and supportive work environment that enables them to grow and advance in their careers.
CFI Driver Reviews and Testimonials
CFI has been a respected name in the trucking industry for over 65 years, and has been providing opportunities for drivers to develop their skills and achieve personal and professional growth. With a reputation for reliability and superior service, CFI has become a go-to company for many drivers seeking new opportunities.
- CFI drivers speak highly of the company’s compensation package, which offers a competitive pay structure, comprehensive benefits program, and opportunities for performance-based pay increases
- Drivers at CFI also have access to a modern fleet of well-maintained equipment, as well as a supportive team of dispatchers and maintenance personnel who work hard to keep them safe on the road
- The company also offers a variety of training programs and resources to help drivers stay informed about new technologies and regulations, and to stay competitive in a constantly evolving industry.
In addition to these benefits, CFI drivers also report a strong sense of camaraderie and community within the company. Many drivers point to the company’s positive culture and focus on teamwork as key reasons for their continued loyalty and job satisfaction. For example, CFI has a dedicated driver appreciation team that regularly recognizes and rewards drivers for their hard work and contributions to the company’s success.
Overall, CFI drivers are overwhelmingly positive about their experiences with the company, both in terms of compensation and benefits, as well as the culture and community that the company fosters. For anyone considering a career in trucking, CFI is definitely a company worth exploring.
|Competitive pay and benefits||On occasion, scheduling demands can be challenging||Overall excellent experience – great company to work for|
|Modern equipment and dependable maintenance team||Long hours and time away from home can be difficult for some||Great team environment – everyone works together to get the job done|
|Excellent training and development opportunities||High expectations and strict adherence to safety standards can be stressful for some||The pay is definitely worth the effort – and the company brings the best out of its drivers|
When it comes to driver reviews and testimonials, CFI stands out as a company that consistently exceeds expectations and provides a supportive, positive environment for its employees. Whether you are a seasoned truck driver looking for a change, or a new driver exploring your options, CFI is a company that is definitely worth considering.
Comparison of CFI to Other Trucking Companies
Choosing the right trucking company to work for can be a daunting task. As a truck driver, you want to ensure that you work for a company that values your safety, provides good pay and benefits, and offers opportunities for career growth. In this article, we will compare CFI to other trucking companies and see how it stacks up in terms of these important factors.
- Pay and Benefits: CFI offers some of the best pay and benefits in the industry. According to their website, their drivers can earn up to $0.58 per mile and receive a sign-on bonus of up to $5,000. They also offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match. When compared to other trucking companies, CFI’s pay and benefits are highly competitive.
- Safety: CFI places a strong emphasis on safety. They have a comprehensive safety program that includes ongoing training and monitoring of their drivers. They also invest heavily in their equipment, with an average age of just two years. This commitment to safety has resulted in a low accident rate for their drivers, making CFI a safe company to work for.
- Opportunities for Growth: CFI offers its drivers a range of opportunities for career growth. They have a mentorship program that pairs new drivers with experienced mentors, allowing them to learn and develop their skills. They also have a tuition reimbursement program for drivers who wish to pursue further education. Additionally, CFI promotes from within, providing opportunities for drivers to advance their careers within the company.
Overall, when compared to other trucking companies, CFI stands out for its competitive pay and benefits, strong commitment to safety, and opportunities for career growth. If you’re looking for a trucking company that values its drivers and provides a supportive work environment, CFI could be the right company for you.
|Company||Pay Per Mile||Sign-On Bonus||Benefits||Safety Rating|
|CFI||$0.58||$5,000||Health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match||Low accident rate|
|J.B. Hunt||$0.55||$5,000||Health, dental, vision, 401(k)||Low accident rate|
|Swift||$0.45||$3,000||Health, dental, vision, 401(k)||Higher than average accident rate|
Source: Company websites and government safety ratings
CFI’s Future Growth and Expansion Plans
As CFI continues to strive for excellence in the industry, they have set their sights on future growth and expansion plans that will surely help them achieve their goals. Here are some of the things we can expect from CFI in the coming years.
- Green initiative: CFI has taken a proactive approach to environmentally friendly transportation. In 2018, they rolled out a new program that focused on increasing fuel efficiency and decreasing emissions. They plan to continue investing in new technologies that will make their trucks even more sustainable.
- Terminal expansions: CFI is in the process of expanding their terminal network to improve their distribution capabilities. The company is focusing on adding new terminals in the Midwest and Northeast regions to better serve their customers.
- International expansion: As a subsidiary of TFI International, CFI has the potential to expand operations beyond North America. With TFI’s presence in Europe, the company is well-positioned to explore opportunities in new international markets.
CFI’s management team has an ambitious growth strategy. The company plans to continue investing in technology, equipment, and people to ensure they remain a leader in the industry. They also believe in maintaining a strong customer focus and providing exceptional service to their clients.
Looking at the table below, we can see CFI’s growth in recent years:
|Year||Total Revenue (in millions)||Operating Income (in millions)||Net Income (in millions)|
With revenue growth every year, CFI’s expansion plans seem to be paying off. The company’s management team has had a clear vision for future growth and has taken deliberate steps to achieve it.
Is CFI a Good Company to Drive For?
Based on our research and the testimonials, it’s clear that CFI is a well-regarded company to drive for. Their emphasis on safety, excellent benefits, and competitive pay have earned them a positive reputation in the trucking industry. Of course, like any job, it may not be the best fit for everyone. It’s important to do your own research and speak to current and former drivers to get a sense of whether CFI would be a good place for you to work. Thank you for reading! We hope to see you back here soon for more trucking news and insights.