As a Subaru owner, one of the many benefits you get is roadside assistance. This program is designed to help Subaru drivers in the event of a breakdown or emergency. But how long does this service last? Well, the answer might surprise you.
Contrary to popular belief, Subaru’s roadside assistance program doesn’t end when your car warranty expires. In fact, this service can be extended for as long as you own your Subaru vehicle. That means you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’ve got reliable assistance when you need it most.
Whether you’re on a long road trip or simply commuting to work, anything can happen on the road. That’s why it’s always a good idea to have access to dependable roadside assistance. With Subaru’s program, you can rest assured knowing you won’t be stranded if your car breaks down or you get a flat tire. So, no matter how old your Subaru might be, you can enjoy the benefits of this useful service for years to come.
Subaru Roadside Assistance Overview
Subaru of America has been providing roadside assistance to its customers for decades. This service is available 24/7 and provides assistance to Subaru owners who are in need of help due to an accident, flat tire, battery failure, or any other issue which prevents the vehicle from moving safely. The goal of the program is to get drivers back on the road as quickly as possible, ensuring that they reach their destinations with minimum inconvenience.
What Services Does Subaru Roadside Assistance Offer?
- Towing – If your car cannot be repaired on the spot, the Subaru Roadside Assistance program will tow it to the nearest dealership for repairs.
- Lockout Service – If you lock yourself out of your car, the representative will send a locksmith to help you regain access to your vehicle.
- Jump Start – If your car battery dies, the representative will provide a jump-start to start the vehicle and get it to a safe place for replacement.
How Long is Subaru Roadside Assistance Good For?
For customers who purchase a new Subaru vehicle, the Roadside Assistance program is good for the duration of the vehicle’s warranty period, which is typically three years or 36,000 miles. For those who purchase a pre-owned Subaru from a dealership, the program is good for one year from the purchase date. However, if the vehicle is less than five years old, has less than 80,000 miles and has a clean vehicle history report, the Roadside Assistance program can be extended for an additional three years.
What Are the Benefits of Subaru Roadside Assistance?
Subaru Roadside Assistance offers numerous benefits to customers, including peace of mind, convenience, and cost savings. Instead of having to call multiple service providers to get your car towed, jump-started, or unlocked, the Subaru Roadside Assistance program provides a single point of contact for assistance. This program also saves customers money, as the cost of towing and other services provided is covered by the program. Moreover, the program provides assistance 24/7, so customers can get help when they need it, regardless of the time of day.
|Towing||Towed to nearest dealership for repairs, free of charge|
|Lockout Service||Free locksmith service to regain access to vehicle|
|Jump Start||Free jump start to get vehicle back on the road|
In summary, Subaru Roadside Assistance is a valuable program that provides peace of mind, cost savings, and convenience to customers. The program covers a range of services, including towing, lockout service, and jump starts, and is available 24/7. The program is free for the duration of a new Subaru’s warranty period, and can be extended for an additional three years for eligible pre-owned Subarus.
What is covered under Subaru Roadside Assistance
Subaru Roadside Assistance is a program that provides emergency services to Subaru owners, ensuring their safety and security while driving. The program offers a variety of services, including towing, flat tire assistance, jump-starting, lockout assistance, and fuel delivery. Subaru Roadside Assistance is available 24/7/365, so drivers can rest assured they’re covered no matter where their journeys take them.
Services covered under Subaru Roadside Assistance
- Towing: In the event of an accident, mechanical breakdown or other incident that leaves your Subaru inoperable, Subaru Roadside Assistance can arrange to have your vehicle towed to the nearest Subaru retailer or a preferred repair facility.
- Flat tire assistance: If you have a flat tire, Subaru Roadside Assistance can send someone to your location to change the tire or provide a spare tire (if the vehicle is equipped with one).
- Jump-starts: If your vehicle’s battery is dead, Subaru Roadside Assistance can send someone to your location to jump-start your vehicle. This service is available for up to two incidents per year.
- Lockout assistance: If you’re locked out of your Subaru, Subaru Roadside Assistance can send someone to your location to help unlock your doors. This service is available for up to three incidents per year.
- Fuel delivery: If you run out of gas or need fuel delivered to your vehicle, Subaru Roadside Assistance can arrange for a service provider to bring you a limited supply of gasoline, diesel fuel or other fluids (depending on the make and model of your Subaru).
How long is Subaru Roadside Assistance good for
Subaru Roadside Assistance is included with every new Subaru vehicle for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. For Certified Pre-Owned Subaru vehicles, the coverage lasts for 7 years from the original sale date or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. After the initial coverage period, you can purchase an extended service contract that includes roadside assistance services for an additional period of time.
Subaru Roadside Assistance is a valuable program that provides emergency services to Subaru owners in need. The program covers a range of services, including towing, flat tire assistance, jump-starts, lockout assistance, and fuel delivery. The coverage period lasts for up to 3 years or 36,000 miles on new Subaru vehicles and up to 7 years or 100,000 miles on Certified Pre-Owned Subaru vehicles. If you’re a Subaru owner, be sure to take advantage of this program to ensure peace of mind and safety on the road.
|Towing||Up to the nearest Subaru Retailer or preferred repair facility|
|Flat tire assistance||Change or provide a spare tire|
|Jump-starts||Up to two incidents per year|
|Lockout assistance||Up to three incidents per year|
|Fuel delivery||Arranging for limited supply of gasoline, diesel fuel, or other fluids|
How to request Subaru Roadside Assistance
Subaru owners have access to roadside assistance that is reliable and readily available 24/7, 365 days a year. The roadside assistance coverage is one of the perks of owning a new or certified pre-owned Subaru. In this article, we will explore how to request Subaru Roadside Assistance and what to expect when calling for help.
- First, confirm that your vehicle is within the roadside assistance coverage period. The standard coverage for new Subaru vehicles is three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. For certified pre-owned Subaru vehicles, the coverage is seven years or 100,000 miles.
- Next, determine your location. Subaru Roadside Assistance is available only within the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Make sure to have the following information ready when calling for assistance: your name, the year, make and model of your Subaru, your vehicle identification number (VIN), and your current location.
Once you have confirmed your eligibility for Subaru Roadside Assistance coverage and have all of the necessary details, you can contact them by using any of the following methods:
- Call the Subaru Roadside Assistance number: 1-800-261-2155. This hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Use the MySubaru app on your smartphone. The MySubaru app has a feature called StarLink, which allows you to request roadside assistance through the app. This feature is only available for new Subaru models with StarLink capabilities.
- Use the Subaru Roadside Assistance website. You can access the website via any web browser, enter your information, and request assistance.
The Subaru Roadside Assistance team will work to get you back on the road or to the nearest Subaru dealership for repairs. They offer services such as towing, jump-starting your vehicle, changing flat tires, and providing emergency fuel and fluids. The services provided may vary depending on your specific need and location.
|Towing||Your vehicle will be towed to the nearest Subaru dealership or authorized service center.|
|Jump-start||The technician will jump-start your battery to get the vehicle running.|
|Tire Change||If you have a flat tire, the technician will change it with your spare tire if it is safe to do so.|
|Emergency Fuel and Fluids||The technician will supply enough fuel or any fluid needed to get you to the nearest service center or gas station to fill up.|
|Lockout Service||If you are locked out, the technician will assist you in gaining entry to your vehicle if possible.|
When requesting roadside assistance, it is important to stay safe and visible on the side of the road. If possible, move your vehicle to a safe location and turn on your hazard lights. Additionally, stay in your vehicle if it is safer than standing outside. Once the technician arrives, follow their instructions and do not attempt to perform repairs yourself unless it is safe to do so.
With Subaru Roadside Assistance at your fingertips, you can have peace of mind knowing help is always available. If you are a Subaru owner and need assistance, don’t hesitate to contact them for help.
How long does Subaru Roadside Assistance last?
If you’re a Subaru owner, it’s important to know how long your roadside assistance lasts. Once you’ve purchased or leased a new Subaru vehicle, you’re automatically enrolled in Subaru’s Roadside Assistance program, which provides 24/7 emergency roadside assistance to keep you safe on the road.
- Subaru Roadside Assistance lasts for the first three years or 36,000 miles of your vehicle’s warranty, whichever comes first.
- After three years or 36,000 miles, you have the option to purchase a Subaru Extended Service Contract, which includes extended roadside assistance coverage.
- The length of coverage provided by the Extended Service Contract depends on the specific plan you choose.
It’s important to note that Subaru Roadside Assistance is available for all new Subaru vehicles sold in the United States and Canada. So, whether you’re taking a road trip across the country or simply driving to work, you can rest assured knowing that help is just a phone call away.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the services provided by Subaru Roadside Assistance:
|Towing||If your vehicle can’t be started or safely driven, it will be towed to the nearest Subaru dealer.|
|Flat tire change||If you have a flat tire, a service provider will change it with your spare tire.|
|Fuel delivery||A service provider will deliver up to two gallons of fuel to your location if you run out of gas.|
|Jump start||If your battery dies, a service provider will jump start your vehicle.|
|Lockout service||If you accidentally lock your keys in your car, a service provider will unlock the doors for you.|
Overall, Subaru Roadside Assistance provides peace of mind for Subaru owners, knowing that they’re protected in case of emergencies on the road.
Can Subaru Roadside Assistance be extended?
Subaru owners who want to extend their roadside assistance program beyond the original warranty period have the option to do so. The Subaru Added Security Gold Plus plan includes extended roadside assistance coverage for up to 7 years or 100,000 miles from the date of purchase – whichever comes first.
- With the Added Security Gold Plus plan, you can extend your Subaru roadside assistance coverage to include:
- 24/7 emergency roadside assistance.
- Towing services, flat tire changes, jump-starts, and fuel delivery.
- Lockout service if you accidentally lock your keys inside the vehicle.
- Emergency travel expense reimbursement if your Subaru becomes disabled while you are on a road trip.
The extended roadside assistance offered by the Added Security Gold Plus plan is a great option for Subaru owners who want extra peace of mind on the road. With extended roadside assistance, you can be assured that you are covered in the event of an emergency, breakdown, or accident.
Keep in mind that the Added Security Gold Plus plan is an optional, added-cost program that must be purchased separately from your vehicle. To learn more about this plan and other options for extending your Subaru roadside assistance coverage, be sure to contact your local Subaru dealership or visit the Subaru website.
|Extended Roadside Assistance Coverage||Original Roadside Assistance Coverage|
|Up to 7 years or 100,000 miles||3 years or 36,000 miles|
Roadside assistance is an essential service that provides peace of mind to drivers, especially those who frequently travel long distances. That is why Subaru offers roadside assistance to all of its customers, and even allows them to extend the coverage beyond the original warranty period. With the Added Security Gold Plus plan, you can rest assured that you are covered in any roadside emergency for a longer period.
How to Renew Subaru Roadside Assistance
If you are a Subaru owner who loves to travel on the road, then you know the importance of having a reliable roadside assistance service. It gives you peace of mind knowing that in case your vehicle breaks down or you run out of gas, you can always get help quickly. The Subaru Roadside Assistance program provides 24/7 emergency services for Subaru owners across North America.
- The Subaru Roadside Assistance program is valid for 3 years, starting from the date of purchase of your Subaru vehicle. After the 3 years, you will need to renew the program if you want to continue enjoying their services.
- You can renew your Subaru Roadside Assistance program by visiting your local Subaru dealership, where you purchased your vehicle. Alternatively, you can also renew online by visiting the Subaru website.
- Before you renew, it is important to review the terms and conditions of the program. Ensure that you understand what is covered under the program and what is not, as well as any limitations or restrictions that may apply.
Renewing your Subaru Roadside Assistance program is a straightforward process. You will need to provide your vehicle information and personal details. You will also need to pay the renewal fees, which vary depending on your location and the level of assistance you require. The fees can be paid using a credit card or any other convenient payment method.
If you are unsure about the renewal process or have any questions regarding the Subaru Roadside Assistance program, you can always contact the Subaru customer support team. They are always ready and willing to assist you with any concerns you may have.
|Benefits of Renewing Your Subaru Roadside Assistance Program|
|1. Continued peace of mind while on the road.|
|2. Access to reliable and fast emergency services that can help you in case of an accident, vehicle breakdown, or other roadside mishaps.|
|3. Access to a network of certified Subaru technicians who can help you with any technical issues that your vehicle may be experiencing.|
|4. The flexibility to choose a level of coverage that suits your needs and budget.|
Renewing your Subaru Roadside Assistance program is a crucial step towards ensuring that you remain safe and protected while on the road. It is a small price to pay for the peace of mind that comes with knowing that help is just a phone call away.
Does Subaru Roadside Assistance cover rental cars?
If you’re a Subaru owner, you probably know how reliable your car is. It’s one of the reasons why Subaru drivers tend to be very loyal to the brand. But let’s face it – even the best cars can experience problems from time to time. That’s where Subaru Roadside Assistance comes in. With this service, Subaru owners have peace of mind knowing that they can get help when they need it, 24/7. But does this assistance extend to rental cars? Let’s take a closer look.
- Unfortunately, Subaru Roadside Assistance does not cover rental cars. This means that if you experience a breakdown or an accident and need a rental car to get around, you’ll have to pay for it out of pocket.
- However, there are some situations in which insurance might cover the cost of a rental car. For example, if you were in an accident and the other driver was at fault, their insurance might cover the cost of a rental car while yours is being repaired.
- Another option is to add rental car coverage to your insurance policy. This can help cover the cost of a rental car if you’re in an accident or your car needs repairs.
While Subaru Roadside Assistance doesn’t cover rental cars, it’s still an incredibly valuable service to have. Here are just a few of the things that are covered:
- Towing – If your Subaru breaks down or is involved in an accident, Subaru Roadside Assistance will tow it to the nearest Subaru dealership or authorized service center for repairs.
- Flat tire change – If you have a flat tire, Subaru Roadside Assistance will send somebody out to change it for you. If you don’t have a spare, they can arrange to have your car towed.
- Battery jump-start – If your battery dies, Subaru Roadside Assistance will jump-start your car. If the battery is beyond help, they can arrange to have a new one installed.
- Lockout service – If you accidentally lock your keys in your Subaru, Subaru Roadside Assistance can send somebody out to help you get back in.
As you can see, Subaru Roadside Assistance is a comprehensive service that can help you out in a number of situations. While it doesn’t cover rental cars, it’s still worth having for the other services it provides.
|Service||Covered By Subaru Roadside Assistance?|
|Flat tire change||Yes|
|Rental car coverage||No|
In conclusion, Subaru Roadside Assistance is an excellent service that can provide peace of mind to Subaru owners. While it doesn’t cover rental cars, it still covers a range of other services that can be incredibly helpful in a time of need. And if you’re worried about rental car coverage, there are other options available to you through insurance.
How to Check the Status of a Subaru Roadside Assistance Claim
If you have recently contacted Subaru Roadside Assistance for help, you may be wondering about the status of your claim. Here are the steps to check the status of your claim:
- Check your email: Subaru Roadside Assistance will send you an email confirmation with your case number and a link to check the status of your claim online.
- Call the hotline: You can call the Subaru Roadside Assistance hotline at 1-800-261-2155 to speak with a representative and check the status of your claim.
- Check online: You can log in to your Subaru Roadside Assistance account to check the status of your claim. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one using your case number.
Keep in mind that the time it takes to process your claim may vary depending on the situation. For example, if your vehicle needs to be towed to a repair shop, it may take longer to process your claim than if you just need a jump start. If you have any questions or concerns about your claim, don’t hesitate to contact Subaru Roadside Assistance for assistance.
Here is a table that outlines the different types of services provided by Subaru Roadside Assistance:
|Towing||Available 24/7. Covers towing to the nearest Subaru dealer or authorized service center.|
|Jump start||Available 24/7. Covers jump starts for dead batteries.|
|Tire change||Available 24/7. Covers the installation of your vehicle’s spare tire.|
|Lockout service||Available 24/7. Covers entry into your vehicle if you are locked out.|
|Emergency fuel delivery||Available 24/7. Covers the delivery of fuel to your location if you run out of gas.|
|Winching and extrication||Available 24/7. Covers the removal of your vehicle if it is stuck in snow, mud, or a ditch.|
Knowing how to check the status of a Subaru Roadside Assistance claim can give you peace of mind when you are in need of assistance. By following these steps, you can stay informed about the status of your claim and ensure that you get the help you need as quickly as possible.
What to do if Subaru Roadside Assistance is not available in your area.
In most areas, Subaru roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, there may be some rural or remote locations where Subaru roadside assistance is not available. If you find yourself in this situation, there are still steps you can take to ensure your safety and get the help you need. Here are some tips:
- Check for other roadside assistance providers: If Subaru roadside assistance is not available in your area, check for other providers that may be available. Many companies offer nationwide coverage and can provide you with the same services that Subaru would. Some providers to consider include AAA, Allstate, and Geico.
- Contact a local towing company: If you are able to find a local towing company, they may be able to assist you with your needs. Be sure to check that they are licensed, insured, and have a good reputation in the area.
- Use your cell phone: If you have a cell phone, use it to call for help. If you don’t have a signal, try moving to a higher elevation or more open area to see if you can get a better connection.
It’s important to remember that in any roadside emergency situation, safety should always be your top priority. Make sure that you and any passengers in your vehicle are in a safe location and out of the way of traffic. If possible, put on hazard lights and set up warning triangles or flares to alert other drivers to your presence.
If you are in a remote area and need to wait for help, make sure you have enough supplies to stay safe and comfortable until assistance arrives. This could include water, food, warm clothing, and blankets.
|Emergency Supplies Checklist:|
|Water (1 gallon per person per day)|
|Warm clothing and blankets|
|Flashlight and extra batteries|
|Cell phone with charger|
|Road flares or warning triangles|
If you are traveling in a remote area, it’s a good idea to let someone know where you are going and when you expect to arrive. This way, if you do run into trouble, someone will know to look for you.
In summary, if Subaru roadside assistance is not available in your area, don’t panic. There are still steps you can take to ensure your safety and get the help you need. By staying calm, being prepared, and taking the right steps, you can get through any roadside emergency.
How Subaru Roadside Assistance compares to other roadside assistance programs
When it comes to roadside assistance programs, Subaru’s Roadside Assistance is considered one of the best options available. Here are some ways in which it compares to other programs:
- 24/7 Availability: Like many other roadside assistance programs, Subaru’s Roadside Assistance offers 24/7 availability for emergencies. This means you can call for help at any time of the day or night.
- Nationwide Coverage: Subaru’s Roadside Assistance is available throughout the United States, providing coverage for drivers no matter where they are driving.
- No Mileage Limits: Some roadside assistance programs have mileage limits, meaning they will only assist you up to a certain distance from your home. However, Subaru’s Roadside Assistance has no such limit, meaning they will assist you no matter how far away from home you are.
When compared to other programs, Subaru’s Roadside Assistance also offers additional features and benefits for their customers:
- Free Towing: Subaru’s Roadside Assistance offers free towing services to the nearest Subaru dealership or authorized service center within 35 miles. Other programs may charge for towing or have restrictions on where they will tow your vehicle.
- Winching and Extrication: If your vehicle becomes stuck or requires winching, Subaru’s Roadside Assistance offers this service at no extra charge. Other programs may charge for this service or not offer it at all.
- Gas Delivery: If you run out of gas, Subaru’s Roadside Assistance will deliver enough fuel to get you to the nearest gas station. This service is also included in the program at no additional cost.
To summarize, Subaru’s Roadside Assistance compares favorably to other roadside assistance programs, offering comprehensive 24/7 availability, nationwide coverage, and additional benefits such as free towing, winching and extrication, and gas delivery. Drivers can rest easy knowing they are covered by one of the best roadside assistance programs on the market.
|Subaru Roadside Assistance||24/7||Nationwide||Free||Included||Included|
|Allstate Motor Club||24/7||Nationwide||Fee-based*||Fee-based*||Fee-based*|
*Exact pricing and details may vary by location and membership level.
Drive Safe and Enjoy Your Subaru!
Now that you know how long Subaru roadside assistance is good for, you can drive with peace of mind. Just remember to keep your coverage updated and carry your membership card with you at all times. Thanks for reading, and be sure to check back later for more helpful articles on all things Subaru. Safe travels!