Eid is a festive occasion celebrated with great zeal and merriment all across the world. This year, like always, Hamid was all set to celebrate Eid with his family and friends. He had saved up a considerable amount of money throughout the year to be able to enjoy the festivities of this auspicious occasion to the fullest. Hamid was excited to indulge in some much-needed retail therapy along with his loved ones and maybe even take a little trip to a destination he’s been eyeing for a while.
As the day of Eid arrived, Hamid woke up early in the morning to offer his prayers and seek blessings from the almighty before embarking on the day’s festivities. After the prayers, he got ready and headed out with his friends and family to indulge in some authentic Eid delicacies. To make the day even more special, Hamid had decided to surprise his family and close ones with some special gifts that he had meticulously picked out for each one of them. From traditional clothes to trendy accessories, he had bought it all and was now excited to see the joy on their faces.
As the day progressed, Hamid’s shopping spree continued, and he also managed to grab some good deals on electronic gadgets that he had been wanting to buy for a while. By the end of the day, he had spent all his savings, but it was worth it as he enjoyed every moment of the day with his loved ones. Hamid had managed to tick off all the items on his Eid wishlist, and he was content that his money had been spent in a fruitful manner.
Traditional Eid Shopping
Hamid eagerly waits for Eid every year to shop for traditional clothing, accessories and gifts for his friends and family. He believes that Eid shopping is a way to connect with his roots and culture, and it is a cherished tradition for Muslims all around the world.
Hamid started his traditional Eid shopping by visiting his local bazaar, where he explored various shops and stalls consisting of decorated products. He spent most of his time in the clothing section, as he wanted to look his best on Eid day. He browsed through different fabrics and designs, ranging from simple and elegant to flashy and vibrant. After carefully examining each option, he purchased a premium quality shalwar kameez with a matching turban. He also bought a few additional shalwar kameez sets for his family members.
- Hamid chose a high-quality fabric with intricate embroidery
- He went for a simple yet elegant design
- He ensured the perfect fit by trying on multiple sizes
Hamid also bought some traditional accessories to complete his Eid look, such as a pair of embroidered Khussa shoes and a leather belt. He also purchased some colorful bangles for his sisters and mother.
Aside from clothing and accessories, Hamid also bought some traditional Eid gifts for his friends and family. He visited a local sweet shop and bought some delicious sweets and desserts. He always makes sure to include traditional sweets in his gifts as they are an important part of Eid celebrations.
Overall, Hamid spent a significant amount of money on traditional Eid shopping, but he believes it’s worth it as it brings him closer to his culture and strengthens family bonds.
Special Eid Outfit Purchase
Hamid knew that he wanted to look his best on Eid day and was willing to spend some extra money to achieve that goal. He decided to buy a brand new outfit, complete with traditional clothing items and modern accessories. Here’s how he spent his money:
- Shalwar Kameez: Hamid purchased a bespoke shalwar kameez set from a local tailor. He chose a luxurious fabric with intricate embroidery and had the fit tailored to perfection. He spent approximately $150 on this outfit.
- Kolhapuri Shoes: To complete his traditional look, Hamid purchased a pair of kolhapuri shoes. These handcrafted leather shoes are known for their durability and style, and Hamid was happy to spend $50 to add them to his wardrobe.
- Watch: Hamid also splurged on a new watch to wear with his Eid outfit. He opted for a sleek and modern design that cost him $200.
Overall, Hamid spent around $400 on his special Eid outfit purchase. While it may seem like a lot of money, he knew that he would get a lot of use out of these items and wanted to invest in high-quality pieces that would last him for years to come.
Distributing Zakat Before Eid
Zakat is one of the five pillars of Islam that commemorates the idea of giving back to the less fortunate. It is a form of obligatory donation that is imposed upon those Muslims whose wealth has reached a certain threshold that is called Nisab. Hamid, being a devout Muslim, made sure to distribute his Zakat before Eid-ul-Fitr.
- Understanding Zakat: Before distributing his Zakat, Hamid ensured that he had the correct understanding of how much he had to pay. The amount of Zakat that one has to pay is calculated based on the value of assets such as gold, silver, cash, and property, minus any debts that one may have.
- Identifying the Recipients: Since Zakat is meant for specific categories of people, Hamid identified those who were eligible to receive Zakat. These included the poor, the needy, the indebted, the travelers, and those who are employed to collect and distribute Zakat.
- Selecting the Mode of Payment: Hamid decided to distribute his Zakat in the form of cash and food items. He distributed cash to those who needed it the most, while food items were given to families who were struggling to put food on their tables.
By distributing his Zakat before Eid, Hamid ensured that those who were less fortunate had enough resources to celebrate this joyous occasion. This not only allowed him to fulfill his religious obligations but also gave him a sense of satisfaction and happiness.
Zakat Distribution Table
|Recipient||Amount||Mode of Payment|
|Poor families in the neighborhood||$500||Cash|
|Debt-ridden member of the community||$200||Cash|
|Travelers in need||$50||Cash|
As visible from the table, Hamid made sure to distribute his Zakat in a way that would benefit those who needed it the most. He realized that giving back to the community was not only a religious obligation but also a humanitarian duty.
Preparing Eid Feast
When it comes to celebrating Eid, one cannot ignore the importance of food. Hamid made sure to prepare an extravagant feast for his family and friends to enjoy. From sourcing the ingredients to cooking and serving, a lot of effort went into making the perfect Eid meal.
- Menu Planning: Hamid carefully planned the menu for Eid, considering the preferences and dietary restrictions of his guests. He wanted to serve a variety of dishes that would cater to everyone’s taste buds. Some of the dishes on the menu included biryani, kebabs, samosas, chaat, and sheer khurma.
- Shopping for Ingredients: Hamid made a trip to the local market to buy fresh ingredients for the feast. He spent hours browsing through different stalls and negotiating prices with the vendors. He made sure to buy only the best quality meat, vegetables, and spices for his dishes.
- Cooking: On the day of Eid, Hamid woke up early to start cooking. He had marinated the meat overnight and started cooking the biryani first, as it required the most time and effort. He then moved on to the other dishes, carefully monitoring the heat and adding spices as necessary.
In addition to the traditional dishes, Hamid also tried experimenting with some new recipes that he had found online. He infused some modern twists to the classic dishes, which turned out to be a hit amongst his guests.
The table was set with the finest crockery and cutlery, and Hamid made sure that everything was presented beautifully. The aroma of the freshly cooked food filled the room, and everyone eagerly awaited to savor the delicious feast.
|Biryani||Basmati Rice, Chicken, Spices||2 hours|
|Kebabs||Beef, Yogurt, Spices||1 hour|
|Chaat||Potatoes, Chickpeas, Yogurt, Tamarind Chutney||30 minutes|
|Sheer Khurma||Vermicelli, Milk, Dry Fruits||45 minutes|
The feast was a huge success, and Hamid’s guests praised him for the delicious food and impeccable presentation. It was the perfect way to bring everyone together on the joyous occasion of Eid.
Giving Eid Gifts to Loved Ones
When it comes to Eid celebrations, one of the most important rituals is giving gifts. For Hamid, it was an opportunity to show his loved ones how much he appreciated them and spread joy and happiness on Eid day. Here are some of the ways Hamid spent his money on Eid gifts:
- Clothing: Hamid bought new clothes for his family and close friends, including traditional Eid outfits like shalwar kameez and sarees. He also bought trendy and stylish outfits for his younger cousins and nieces.
- Accessories: Hamid also gifted accessories like bangles, watches, and jewelry to his female relatives. For the men in his family, he bought ties, cufflinks, wallets, and belts.
- Cash: In many cultures, it is customary to give cash as an Eid gift. Hamid gave his younger siblings, nieces, and nephews cash in colorful envelopes which they happily accepted.
Hamid also made sure to personalize each gift by choosing colors, designs, and styles that he knew his loved ones would appreciate. He spent a lot of time and effort in selecting each gift carefully and wrapping them beautifully. His thoughtful gestures were appreciated and reflected the true spirit of Eid.
Overall, Eid is a time of generosity and kindness, and giving gifts is an important part of the celebration. Hamid’s joy in putting a smile on his loved ones’ faces by giving gifts added to the special memories and positive energy of this festive occasion.
Donating to Charities on Eid
One of the most significant aspects of Eid is donating to charities. Giving to the less fortunate is a fundamental tenet of Islam, and it is especially important during Eid al-Fitr. Many people like Hamid choose to donate a portion of their earnings during Ramadan to charities. This year, Hamid decided to allocate a portion of his Eid budget to charitable initiatives.
- Hamid donated money to a local mosque in his community. Mosques typically offer aid to people in need, and Hamid was happy to contribute to their efforts.
- He also gave funds to an organization that provides meals to those who are less fortunate. Many people cannot afford to break their fast with a hearty meal, so this initiative ensures that everyone has access to food.
- Finally, Hamid donated to an organization that focuses on education for underprivileged children. This cause is close to his heart, and he believes that education is the key to unlocking a better future for children.
Overall, donating to charities on Eid is a great way to show gratitude and give back to the community. It is important to remember that even a small donation can make a big impact and change someone’s life.
If you’re interested in making a donation, there are many reputable organizations to choose from. Some popular options include Islamic Relief USA, Penny Appeal USA, and Muslim Aid USA.
|Charity Organization||Focus Area|
|Islamic Relief USA||Emergency aid, hunger relief, sustainable development|
|Penny Appeal USA||Food, water, healthcare, education, emergencies|
|Muslim Aid USA||Emergency aid, orphan care, education, livelihoods|
No matter which charity you choose to support, donating during Eid is a great way to give back and spread joy during this festive time of year.
Planning for Post-Eid Savings
For many Muslims around the world, Eid is a time for rejoicing and celebration. After a month of fasting during Ramadan, Eid al-Fitr is a time to indulge in delicious food, new clothes, and gift-giving. However, when the festivities are over, it’s important to start planning for post-Eid savings. Here are some tips on how Hamid can save money after Eid:
- Set a Budget: The first step to post-Eid saving is to create a budget. Hamid should assess his expenses from the Eid celebrations, including gifts, new clothes, and food. Based on his monthly income, he should then set a budget for the following month. This will help him allocate his money for necessary expenses and savings.
- Avoid Impulse Spending: It’s easy to fall into the trap of impulse spending, especially during sales and discounts after Eid. Hamid should be mindful of his spending habits and try to avoid buying anything that is not on his list. He should also avoid credit cards or loans as they can lead to more debt.
- Shop Smart: For the items that Hamid needs to buy, he should shop smart. He should look for deals and discounts, compare prices across different stores, and buy in bulk if possible. This way, he can save money on his necessary expenses.
In addition to these tips, Hamid can also explore other ways to save money after Eid. For example, he can cut down on eating out and cook more meals at home. He can also start a side hustle or freelance work to earn extra income. Overall, post-Eid savings require discipline, planning, and a commitment to financial goals. With the right mindset and habits, Hamid can achieve his financial objectives and build a secure future for himself and his family.
Here’s an example of a post-Eid budget that Hamid can use:
|Expense Category||Amount (in dollars)|
By following this budget, Hamid can allocate his money wisely and save for his future financial goals. With time and consistency, he can achieve financial stability and peace of mind.
How did Hamid Spend His Money on Eid?
1. How much money did Hamid have to spend on Eid?
Hamid had saved up $500 for Eid celebrations.
2. Did Hamid buy new clothes for Eid?
Yes, Hamid bought a new traditional outfit worth $100 for Eid.
3. Did Hamid buy gifts for his family and friends?
Yes, Hamid bought gifts for his family and friends which cost him around $200.
4. How much did Hamid spend on food for Eid?
Hamid spent $70 on buying ingredients to prepare traditional Eid dishes, and $30 on ordering food from a restaurant.
5. Did Hamid donate any money on Eid?
Yes, Hamid donated $50 to a local charity organization on Eid.
6. What did Hamid do with the rest of his money?
Hamid kept the remaining $50 in his savings account for future use.
Hamid had a wonderful and fulfilling Eid celebration. He spent his money wisely by buying new clothes, gifts for his family and friends, food, and donating to a local charity organization. Now that Eid is over, Hamid plans to save the rest of his money for future use. Thank you for reading about Hamid’s Eid spending, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!